Felt my daughter kick for the first time tonight.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ChemiStoner, Jan 18, 2015.

1. So my wife has been feeling our daughter move around and playing in her tummy for the past month or two.
    Tonight I had my hand on her belly and head by it, sense my wife said" she's moving like crazy"
    So I'm like happy and say "c'mon baby, kick." around 10 seconds later, BOOM.
    I felt it hardcore.
    Really excited.

Nothing tops that feeling. I almost cried.

Anybody have any cute ideas for girl names?

I was thinking about naming her after my grandmother (who raised me) and died last year.
    Freaky thing is my wife and I were trying to conceive for ever. And 5 months after my grandma died we found out we were pregnant.
    Also my daughters expected arrival is around my grandmothers birthday..

Is it strange to name a baby Patricia in 2015?
    All these new day parents have whacky names for there children.

Any ways sorry. I'm so excited and typing fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Congrats to you two :) it is the best feeling in the world. :Love:

Name her what you want, she's all yours :)

3. that just awesome! congrats on the new life! I can tell shes gonna have a lot of love already :)
    thanks for sharing this with us, it was sweet to hear. an yeaa as OP said, name her what you want!
    shes you're child not anyone elses, if anything you can use it as a middle name or even give her
    a nickname you might like that goes with "Patricia" Like Trish, Tricia, Pat, Trishy.

4. Congrats Brother!

But just wait till you get to hold her and kiss her little cheeks and snuggle her. :)
    Best feeling in the world.

I never thought I could even care about someone as much as I feel for my son, words cannot describe.

5. No kidding about the wacky ass names. My aunts had 3 kids within the last like 5 years, a boy and three girls. Dorian, Galaxy, and Starshine. I love them but my god, the names.

Sent from my ST26a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Herb.

We call him Chief Kief now

7. That's great bro n yea I like Patricia and like the one poster above said so many nicknames van come out of the name. I can't wait to have a lil me.

8. I think Patricia is a great name, and honoring you grandma makes it even better....

I cringe when I hear made up names.....the child has to deal with that for their whole life....oh well...........

9. Congrats!  My woman is having ours in April, a girl as well.  We've gone with the name Kayla Renee.

10. Sugar, Candy, Diamond, Crystal, Chastity, Misty, Chloe, Angel, Dakota,  Paige ?

11. Must be a very moving expierence,i also imagine the birth of you're son/daughter will be a trully amazing thing to witness if you have the stomach for it lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Congrats, I'm giving birth to our first in August. If it's a girl we will name her Eris (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eris_%28mythology%29).

For now since we don't know the sex yet we are calling the baby Mitch, in honor of Mitch Hedberg.

13. I'd say a more traditional name like Patricia would be good, so many people are naming their kids these wack names these days. Like I have a baby cousin going to turn 2 in a couple months, and his name's Django, like from the movie Django Unchained.

14. congrats man, just thought id suggest Summer for a name, really unique in my opinnion. I used to smoke with a girl named like that back in high school. Peace

15. Violet?

16. I know the feeling OP, my 2 year old is turning 3 in April! Time flys when you have kids OP, enjoy every moment. Anyways my girl and I named our daughter Avery, a lot people seem to name boys that but it sounds so feminine to me. We couldn't decided on what her middle babe should be so we agreed to use both names. It sounds really good and would put her full name up but probably not on this forum lol. Congrats OP, and with that bring said make sure you enjoy your social life now as well lol

Wraaaap the night around me, blanket of black on my back, I feel safe in the darkness...

17. Congrats! 1 thing, don't give your child a weird name though it "seems" commonplace. They will thank you in the long run haha.

18. congrats its such a great feeling! get as much sleep as you can cause soon you might not get any lol and personally i like whacky names

19. Got this today! :) ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421744379.385539.jpg

Summer is my wife's name be strange to name our daughter that. :)

20. We were thinking Scarlett. It's hard though, to decide.