Fellow stoner in need of some help

Discussion in 'General' started by Scyliz, Mar 4, 2015.

1. So recently my girlfriend purchased me a bong(very gf ever award) and the perc has a tube swirly doo hickey in the middle anywho I am having a hell of a time keeping that part clean and it continuously gets clogged. Any suggestions?

Smoke on brothers and sisters.

2. If it's a percolator that just gets clogged too easy too fast I'd get into the habit of washing it out with hot water after each use to try to stop it from layering on. You're going to want to spend some money on alcohol at some local drug store, look for the 91% pure alcohol and if you can't find it, 71% will work fine but since the stuff is so cheap($5 I wanna say?) I'd look around for the 90 percent stuff. Then when your bong gets real bad just let it sit with as much alcohol as you can let sit in it without spilling. Let that soak in it and tip it upside down now and then while all the holes are plugged by hands so it can wash around fully throughout the bong to get all of the resin cleaned out. Some people use a certain type of salt with it but I've never needed it. Just get in the habit of regular cleaning.

3. #3 Sherak, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
     Algore on the money, get yourself some isopropyl alcohol, think there is something called everclear available if your in the states. Just pour some in and swish it around, you can even evap off the alcohol and smoke the resin  :bolt: but thats a different story  :bongin:

4. Everclear is a 190 proof liquor lol..

We have iso in America lol

LOL I dig you got iso, I always got the impression everclear was like a ruubbing alchol that you got from the chemist. Iso as pure iso aint so redily available in uk.

Buy everclear then! you can drink it! whole new meaning to bong water  :bongin:  :metal:  :bongin:

6. Yeah Ever clear is actually hard to get in the US. Some states even banned it.

Iso is probably more effective

7. Lol ever clear sucks maybe it would be good for cleaning

For non USA it taste like shit even in spiked drinks

8. Use a screen so less ash gets sucked into the piece. It worked for me

9. Yeah I've been using 91% ISO but only a cleaning at either the start or end of the day. I just gotta stay on top of it more I guess. I'll try a little Epsom salt. That really helped with my last bong

Smoke on brothers and sisters.