Fellow musicians, Arent I right?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by hawkfrag, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Well, let me start of by saying ive been playing drums for almost 9 years now. In the last 3 years, i got more engaged in drumming and things really took off.

I've been saying this for a while within my circle of writing partners/buddies for a long time.

"Man, playing drums is probably about 50x more fun than it looks"

This statement applies to all instruments, but thats what i say in relation to drums. I mean, when youve been playing for an hour straight, and your stoned, its really a creative blur, and when you take off the sound isolation headphones, its like going back to the real world yesimverystonedaidhsodg.

anyway, comments? like lulz its just so true

2. i play drums too. playing an instrument is an awesome form of expression. and playing with other people is just the best. like, i jam with a lot of people, and it's so much fun, especially if you are really in-tune with the other musicians. it's like having a completely open conversation that's just flowing out of your mind. no barriers like language or thoughts, just your mind flowing out of your body as sound.

I've actually only smoked and drummed a handful of times. I just tend to smoke either early in the morning or late in the afternoon, and I only drum during the afternoon cause of neighbors. But I never smoke when i'm playing with my band. at least not on gigs. but we're like deathcore, and i can't play as solid and tight as i want to if i'm high.

3. I can't play drums but i've always wanted to learn. But when I play guitar or bass its hard for me to get tired and it is just as fun as it looks.

4. playing live is the best. being able to look out and see people enjoying the music we create is just awesome. :)

5. Hell yeah man. I drum too, and i know exactly what your talking about with the headphones. PLaying the drums stoned is like living in your own world that your creating while you go venture around in your own world.

6. i know what you mean mon, i've been playing for about 6 years now. drumming/cumming, what's the difference?