Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Feels like my throat's closing

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Cougarelli, Jun 5, 2019.

1. I've been smoking weed for over 20 years now.. but recently ( and only certain strains)
    I get the feeling my throat is closing. I don't think it actually is...but it feels like it is and it's scary as hell. It doesnt happen everytime...just certain strains. The latest strain to cause this was jelly bean.
    Anyone else experience this? Why just certain strains? What would be in these strains that cause this so I know which ones to avoid?

2. Never had this happen but maybe you have developed a allergy to certain terps

3. On the surface that sounds like an allergic reaction.
    Caution.

4. Stop deep throating the joints lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sounds like someone may be spraying pesticides on the flowers.

6. I sometimes get this, I think it’s allergy just like hay fever.

7. How often does it happen to you? Have you identified what causes it?

8. It just happened the last few weeks. I’ve vaped shatter on and off for last year with no issues but I switched to wax and that seems to be causing it. I think it has more terpenes as it smells more. Also my allergies are bad this time of year so I’m more sensitive then normally.

9. Do you think its actually happening or anxiety induced?

10. I think it’s real because I’ve had anxiety before and this didn’t feel like it. I’ve had s puffer before for mild asthma so thinking I’ll try using it again. I would suggest you try vape pen if you can. For now I’m switching back to edibles. I found they can be overwhelming the first few times but you get used to it.