Feels like I'm going a little insane...

Discussion in 'General' started by Leif, Dec 18, 2007.

1. First off, a little backstory. I'm pretty sure I've said something about this before, but for anyone who doesn't yet know, I have some neurological problems that require a shunt to correct. Every now and then, the shunt clogs and needs replacement to work correctly. It sucks, but that's just the way it is, and I just have to deal with it. I'm not asking for pity, just telling you of my current dilemma. I had surgery to replace it about a week ago, and for the past couple nights, I've been waking up in my own bed swearing I'm at a friend's house. These halucinations, if that's what you wanna call them, are quite weird. I even sit up to talk to friends that aren't really there. Last night I woke up believing I was at a coworker's apartment getting high with my best friend. I even remember dropping my cigarette and spending a good ten minutes looking for it on the floor. I don't remember even leaving my house, and that's the little bit of reality I was still in touch with. It really does bother me quite a bit. I've had this problem before, and it usually happens after prolongued periods of not having buds. I haven't been high since before I had the surgery (besides the bowl of stems I smoked a few days ago, and that only got me slightly lifted.). To be honest, this is all bothering me a lot. I feel like I'm going crazy and I just told my mom on the phone that I wanna talk to a counsilor. Does anyone else ever get this feeling? And does anyone have any possible explanations? One that I thought of is the possibility that it has to do with the pressure being released from my brain after the shunt replacement. My mom thinks it may have to do with the trauma of the whole ordeal.

2. Weather its from the whole trauma of the ordeal, or from the preassure being released, if you feel the need to talk to someone then you need to do it, try the grass city talk line if need be, if worse comes to worse ill give you my number...............peace

• Like Like x 1
  3. Talk to a doctor man. It could very well be from the shunt. If shit starts to happen like that, youre supposed to tell the doctor. Its his job to make sure you dont go crazy.