Feels good to help out a stranger.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Morph420, Oct 26, 2009.

1. #1 Morph420, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
    This happened a few minutes ago.

I just got done smoking some dank, I'm walking home, and some black guy comes up to me saying

B: Yo, I need some help my wife and kid are standing at the bus stop and we need $16, I know I'm black I don't have any dope or trying to rob you, its not like that.
    Me: haha dude don't even trip about it I got a few dollars I can give ya.
    B: Really, oh thanks man, thanks a lot.
    Me: No problem its cool.

So I pull out my wallet and give him all I had left which was $12.

B: You sure, all your money?!?
    J; Yeah don't worry about it I don't care.
    B: Wow thanks man, thanks a lot!

Then he left.

It feels great to help people in need.
    I'm a white guy and didn't feel "intimitaded" at all. He was a nice dude.

Even though I said "that's all my money", I have $80 in reserve hidden in my wallet for a quarter I'm picking up later this week.

2. I seriously doubt he was homeless, I could easily do the same thing and go home to my nice big cozy house and laugh about my money gained.

3. Wish more people were like you dude.

4. First off who the fuck said he was homeless...
    Second the typo in the title is pretty annoying.
    And third.. Seriously dude, good for you.. Not many people are like that, and it sounded legit/ not unreasonable.. More people need to be like this, Karma will come around and u will be blessed.. :smoke:
    And forth wtf 80 for a quarter, damn ur weed is half as expensive.. I hate cali and their cheap meddy bud.

5. Calm down, i had another thread opened called homeless and i accidently mistook this one for that thread...but anyway, 16 is a random ass number

6. Yeah the thread title is suppose to say "Feels good to help out a stranger", my bad on the typo.

And here in Cali yeah weed is expensive but I'm getting a quarter of DANK for $100, that's why its expensive.

7. Stoner hospitality. It's the best.

Few days ago, another guy on my floor (i'm in a res at uni) asked me for some papes. I gave him some ultra-thin slow burns - my favourite kind. He asked to pay for it, I just say no. As I go out of the res, he asks if I have any other kind cause it was too hard to roll (augh) - and by chance i have an old pack of regular zig zags - and I just hand the whole pack to him.

His look of surprise was priceless, but made me feel good in the end. Just helpin someone else get high.

8. Lmao, sorry if you took it as rude didn't mean it to be that way.. Just was like what the fuck did i miss haha.
    And where the fuck did you see the number 16??:eek:

9. 16....

10. Call me crazy...But if the first thing someone said to me was "Don't worry i'm not gonna rob you"

I'd probly think he was about to try and rob me.

11. He just needed a 32mg oxycotin ;) just fienin

12. first of all, the 'B' reference in your story is...well...lol..

secondly, you just got scammed.

13. ups and downs and twists and turns

14. A stranger in need is a stranger indeed. But good for you.

15. One time I was downtown and I see this clean cut guy telling a sob story to a few people and he finished his story with "And I need sixty dollars to take the bus." So I felt sorry for this guy but I did not give him any money. I was walking home and did not have any money and I only give money to obviously homeless people like 50c at a time. Anyway, 24hrs later, I see him about 2 blocks from where he was the day before, telling the same fucking story:mad:. I had a few friends with me and there were a lot of people around so I felt safe enough to confront him. I started to yell at him, "Hey you! You fucking ass! I saw this guy yesterday telling the same exact story. Everyone, this is a scam. Do not give him any money." He turned and quickly walked away with everyone giving him dirty looks. Fast forward a couple of months and I haven't seen him doing his routine around here, maybe he moved, or stopped and got a real job?

Anyway, moral of the story is this guy you gave 12 bucks to a dude who prolly rips off 5 people per hour, and at say ~5 bucks average, he is making as much hourly as a person who makes 75,000 a year:eek:. He may have been legit, but what perecentage of people like that are just scammers?

16. Yea, not to hate for giving away money. But much hate for not being wise. By acting nice and saying all those things to gain your trust is just a way to get money. I could easily say my wife and child are hungry and I need money for food.

I wouldn't have given my money away that easily to someone I don't know, at least know for sure what there going to use it for. Like if someone sitting on the side of the street and looks drunk asks for $5 for burgers, buy him the burgers... or else hes just going to buy beer.

17. haha helping black people always gets me in a better mood