Feelings on religon?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by flapjack1439, May 14, 2012.

1. #1 flapjack1439, May 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
    What are they? I think people can believe what they want. It helps people deal with death and live happily. I personally dont 100% believe in anything or not. Cant prove if anythings real or not.

Please dont hate on what other people believe. Who are you to saw whats right and wrong?

2. My opinion..

Indifferent.

3. Look under my name.

And for the amount of good religion has done, the harm it has caused out weighs it by 7 trillion tons.

4. I am an atheist. If there is evidence ever supporting a deity (which I highly doubt) I would accept that. But religon is a nono. I am not a big fan of organized religion or the people that take that seriously, but I try not to judge as most were born into a family brainwashing them of their beliefs instead of leaving them to choose what they want to.

When I have kids I will not press my beliefs on them and I will let them make a chose for themselves. If they wish to participate in a religion it would be fine by me.

5. religion is bullshit. nothing but a means to control the populous. now im not talking about beliefs rather the organized part of religion.

now as for my personal views there are 2 possibilities.
    1. god exists and he's a dick that hasnt shown himself to be worthy of praise.
    or
    2. there is no god/ancient alien theory where "god" and angles were merely advanced beings that the humans had no reference for thus branding them "holy."

6. I like learning about them but I don't fucks with it myself.

7. I belive if there is a god he/she/it would of just started the universe. Its rather arrogent to say god only watches over humans. The universe is huge if you dont think theres other life your arrogent.

8. Dont believe in heaven or hell.
    I believe when u die u trip on natural dmt. Because on the documentaries people say that you see a bright white light on your peak, and they say people mistankenly think the white light is the "entry way to heaven"
    *but we all have out own opinions on this matter*

9. Religion is all bout the afterlife...

I feel like people need to focus bout the ONE lifetime were 100% you get.

Besides some of the lessons it's extremely outdated in pretty much every way...

10. [quote name='"Wrong Guy Man"']Religion is all bout the afterlife...

I feel like people need to focus bout the ONE lifetime were 100% you get.

Besides some of the lessons it's extremely outdated in pretty much every way...[/quote]

People worry about death a lot. Religion gives people hope or peace with death. Some people need something to believe in, i think, to be happy.

11. All organized religion and Abrahamic faiths are dangerous and should be done away with. Eastern religions like Buddhism and Taoism are chill and provide a lot that we can learn from. Some new-age religions are alright I guess, and I sympathize with pagan/heathen faiths. For me though, its all about spirituality; I believe reverence and worship of "gods" just gets in the way of true spirituality, which is within you.

12. I believe there is a lot of error and truth riddle throughout all religions, major and minor ones.

The biggest quarrel I have, as I think most people really are referring to, is with the Judeo-Islamic-Christian approach primarily because they all recycle the old religions focused on sun worship and spinning their own perspective on the matter.

Christianity, the youngest of all of them, is the one I have the largest issue with, primarily with how the Roman Catholic Church annihilated any integrity the Holy Bible had by translating it from the original languages it was derived from (Ancient Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic) and leaving out so much content, like leaving out 500+ plus of the original 1100 est. words and leaving roughly 600 words to fit their needs.

Speaking of fitting their needs, the fact that the Roman Catholics kept the Bible in Latin for so long, a language only the clergy and noble families were taught, made them solely responsible for the terribly long Dark Age and the hindrance of any advancement of thought with their Fundamentalist hold on every detail of one's life.

Thank God for Martin Luther.

Most of the other ones, however, particularly the Eastern religions/philosophies, I have very little to nit pick about.

The fact that I'm nit picking just minute details makes me elated, as these are the ones that I can attach my understanding onto and continue my spiritual growth healthily, as long as I can be willing to listen and try to live a better life.

So my feelings on religion?

People need to find what's true to them with proof.

Not just fiscal evidence, but also what feels right.

Always question, never blindly have faith in what you are told or taught, but keep your faith in that you feel and understand to be true.

Faith is healthy.

13. i dont believe in the christian god at all, but i do believe in some sort of higher power. it doesnt go with any religion. but there is a higher power out there imo.

i call it darksmokerism.

14. #14 flapjack1439, May 14, 2012
    Christianity is the religion i also have the biggest problem with. Note i went to a catholic school for 12 years. They did pick and choose which books made it into they bible. They are the only religion, that ive seen, that has commercials for it. Its just annoying.

If you are a Christian thats great but Christianity just seems to have the biggest we're right your wrong mentality.

15. #15 Danonymous, May 14, 2012
    Kramer I agree, never got why someone talks about "faith" and "believing" without thinking of what the words actually mean... To believe without uncertainty that this is how things work....Pastors use these two words liberally and everyone seems to get desensitized to what they mean in any other context.

Personally I don't have any affiliation with religions. I might someday if I find one that truly describes how I feel, but for now, I don't seriously think about what happens after you die, and I use my own moral compass instead of a holy book.

I think that if someone can derive hope from religion, thats great. And some of the lessons they teach are great too. All religions should strive to give people hope and lead a good life. Where things get fucked up is interpreting what someone else says is "good"....especially when people blindly believe things they're told by their religion. Here we go again with misusing the word "belief". Beliefs should not be blind, it should be what you actually BELIEVE to be true...as in weighing options against each other. Decide what is "good" yourself, not what someone else decided is good for them. Would you say you're a republican just because your parents told you your family is republican? Hell no, decide for yourself.

If you were fine with gays before, but now you think they deserve to burn in hell because a passage written by a man 2000 years ago is supposed to be important...that's fucked. In my opinion, religion shouldn't change you, it should just describe your beliefs.

16. [quote name='"Danonymous"']Kramer I agree, never got why someone talks about "faith" and "believing" without thinking of what the words actually mean... To believe without uncertainty that this is how things work....

Personally I don't have any affiliation with religions. I might someday if I find one that truly describes how I feel, but for now, I don't seriously think about what happens after you die, and I use my own moral compass instead of a holy book.

I think that if someone can derive hope from religion, thats great. And some of the lessons they teach are great too. All religions should strive to give people hope and lead a good life. Where things get fucked up is interpreting what someone else says is "good"....especially when people blindly believe things they're told by their religion. Here we go again with misusing the word "belief". Beliefs should not be blind, it should be what you actually BELIEVE to be true...as in weighing options against each other. Decide what is "good" yourself, not what someone else decided is good for them. Would you say you're a republican just because your parents told you your family is republican? Hell no, decide for yourself.

If you were fine with gays before, but now you think they deserve to burn in hell because a passage written by a man 2000 years ago is supposed to be important...that's fucked. In my opinion, religion shouldn't change you, it should just describe your beliefs.[/quote]

I totally agree with you.

17. Feelings on religion? Kill it with fire.

18. Repped for saying what I wanted to.

19. I believe in the Force -Starwars

=3

20. I'm a believing, practicing Lutheran Evangelical Protestant.

I've heard so many arguments for and against smoking weed.
    Many pastors, say it is alright and others say you'll be condemned for it.
    The bible doesn't really specify..one way or the other.
    So I go with the logical and factual health information, and smoke.
    If I'm deemed Hell worthy solely for that I'm prepared..But that will never hinder me from Believing in Yahweh and his word.