Feelings of emptiness and dissatisfaction..

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by DaiLLeSTeL, Sep 5, 2011.

1. How do yu satisfy it, without cannabis?

2. motion creates balance...
    get up and move.....

find something you enjoy doing...and go do it!;):smoke:

3. do something creative, guitar, piano, write, etc, seems to fill the hole well

4. Yeah...all of the above...go dig in the dirt...make something live and grow....! ...except for you...maybe not the weed.

5. Learn as much as you can about things that interest you...

and meditation helps... trust me ;)

6. personally, Jesus Christ.

7. #8 DBV, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2011
    Meditation and art. Find a medium that works for you and express the "emptiness". I think you'll find something in the void if you try..

edit: also exercise always helps me feel alive, along with eating healthy so your mind can have a nice chemical balance.

Also, I thought you might find this read interesting:

Running on Emptiness: the Failure of Symbolic Thought by John Zerzan

8. fill it with the growing of cannabis!

edit: guerrilla growing takes a lot of time and dedication and can be vastly rewarding.

9. Find something (or someone) that makes you feel alive :D

Just because you don't see the footprints, don't mean that they're not in the sand, you know?

10. There's more to this world than that one plant so many people like to smoke.

11. The Son of Man

12. bump. im feeln it now.

ps. thanks for the contributions guys, reps for all of you

13. honestly don't know. a body in motion stays in motion, keeping busy can keep you from being concerned about life. but as mgmt said " if your conscious you must be depressed". for now I'm keeping busy to combat the same issues, but eventually I'll purge it. mediate until enlightenment, only solution I believe in

14. #16 kojopolis, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
    no do something productive, creativity has been shown to cure loneliness
    Reduce Loneliness With Creativity | Psych Central News
    but i think it aids all forms of 'feeling empty' i know that empty feeling, whenever i procrastinate any of my hobbies or creative outlets i start feeling really shitty
    when i do some nice guitar improvisation, piano improvisation, or writing done i feel great after,, feels great doing it too

15. [quote name='"kojopolis"']

no do something productive, creativity has been shown to cure loneliness
    Reduce Loneliness With Creativity | Psych Central News
    but i think it aids all forms of 'feeling empty' i know that empty feeling, whenever i procrastinate any of my hobbies or creative outlets i start feeling really shitty
    when i do some nice guitar improvisation, piano improvisation, or writing done i feel great after,, feels great doing it too[/quote]
    I enjoy being creative. I like messing around with FL studio and with HTML / photoshop. For me, it's futile and finite. I think a more productive activity would be serving others selflessly.

16. I find that exercise helps me a lot because I'm doing something good for myself plus the rush of adrenalin and endorphins will make you feel good...and since I'm a girl, when I'm feeling down I do little things to pamper myself, I'll take long bubble baths and give myself manicures and such :)

17. [quote name='"Philosiraptor"']cereal[/quote]

Personally ive been on a Golden Grahams and OG Kush binge lately.
    Its been swell.
    So +1 for cereal.