Feeling spaced out or feel like you're in a dream?

Discussion in 'General' started by M369, Aug 16, 2008.

1. i'm gonna try shrooms in a few weeks, i've heard if you have depersonalization it can either make you A LOT worse, or it can make you a lot better. i've never done shrooms, i've always been too paranoid to try them, but at this point I don't give a fuck, i'm gonna go into the trip with a positive outlook and try not to think about depersonalization, that would lead me into a horrible trip.

• Like Like x 1
  2. everytime im going to trip i always know ill realise something earlier than i would by being sober.and i try to keep the best of it or solve some stuff in my mind..idk if that makes me more paranoid or not but it halped me alot the last months

the only times ive felt worse than before was when i did salvia and i used it for a few days ina row and fater i tried H.
    H fucked me up for sure.i was so touchy for days and confused and all..now i feel pretty spaced out the last couple days.although all my problems still exist.

anyhow.try to keep the positive stuff.im sure ur trp will be great.
    always helps me to hallucinate in my own awareness

• Like Like x 1
  3. I feel like my mind is two steps behind my body, or, like, my body does what I want to do, but I have no conscious thoughts.

4. Is that a good idea? I mean mine came on the day after i did Salvia. A hallucinogen...

5. hell yeah if you have DPS and use salvia, that's not good haha, salvia will make your DPS A LOT worse. I just have a feeling i'm gonna be one of those kids that freaks out and rips their clothes off and runs around naked while on shrooms, I guess we'll see haha.

6. Dude.......

THANK YOU, THIS IS ME!

7. :) Glad to help man. Glad to help!

8. I used to get that extremely hard when i smoked up. I was switching between a real(or what i thought was real) and a dream world, i was scared shitlees, because you can't make it stop. Then you try to anchor yourself back in the real world, but as soon as you manage for just a second, you're gone again, you can't control it. Still happens sometimes when i smoke and get scared/don't feel good etc then i just try to relax given the conditions allow it, tell myself how nothing can happen so i might aswell enjoy it ...

9. I have this as well, and it's a pretty big problem for me that I'm trying to work out.

10. shit i think i had that a couple months ago during winter. as soon as the sun came out it went away. thanks for the info though man, was wondering if i was tripping out or going crazy haha.

11. No worries guys...

12. Holy fucking bahlownee. I think I have this.

13. Sorry to highjack Matt, I want to give more information to this person.

This probably was Seasonal Affect Disorder, which is something that I suffer from and quite severly at that [in the wrong conditions]. There are special lights that you can use to replicate sunlight that will help you through the winter months.

14. No worries this thread is open to anyone.
    Good info whiskey!

15. this kind of thing always seems to happen to me when i get high and i'm not in a good mood or i freak out. i've also had this happen to me, though not as severely as you. usually only for a few days if i'm really upset. this might sound really confusing, but when it happens to me i think to myself that as long as i can hear my thoughts, everything is real. just don't question your thoughts. in your own head, you're always right, so as long as you're thinking that everything is real you are correct. had some weed that had to be laced with something a while ago. not the greatest looking or smelling, but i was so blown off a ten sack that i was laying on my friend's floor forgetting to breathe. i still could, but it didn't seem to matter if i did or didn't breathe, so why use the effort? spent the entire night (once i somehow walked home) laying in bed staring at my wall. didn't sleep. the next day i still felt disconnected, shaky, and weird. the day after that, i was totally normal. think of it as a bad trip on a larger scale. it will go away. you just need to do what you think is best for you, and don't worry if your actions are real or not.

16. I get this to a mild degree, or did.

I have a question for you guys though, do you ever get specific sensations that it feels like you're living someone else's life for that moment? I feel like I'm taken out of my body and put into a whole new place for a second or two. It's a different feeling almost every time and happens like once a week maybe. It's really hard to describe, but I can even remember the first time I ever felt it. It was in 5th grade, and I remember the specific time to a Tee.

17. I call this enlightenment,
    my whole childhood i was really bad then i snaped into this state and suddenly i understand things most people go to church for. its like i know everything about w.e you call it. but buhdist used to meditate instead of sleeping so there mind would tire and they got this feeling on purpose. pretty cool to me i feel very fortunate for this so called disorder.
    thought i would put in my thought about this.
    very cool and nice job:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kind of man. As you said it's hard to explain and i guess everyone has a different way of explaining it. But the general feeling is the same.

It does come on in different strengths tho. I mean i have it all the time but mostly not very strong, When it comes on really strong now i sit down gather my thoughts and slowly it will pass. Not all the time but sometimes.

I could never do that before.

Thats a really nice thought and something i have heard before.

Like using a new part of your brain. But because it's new you don't understand it or know how to use it.
    Thus making you confused and 'spaced out'

But once you train it and learn to understand it. You will open up something amazing.

Theres a lot of ways at looking at this ' disorder' I like yours.:D

19. a while back i was "depressed" i guess, but this seems like what i felt, i only felt like that for about a week, like does it last that short? and does it come and go?

20. i also think that humans are supposed to consume the bud straight from the plant at a very low quality like it would grow in the wild so you dont get quite as messed up. i think that cannabis has important nutritions and protiens that we need in our diet. has anyone else thought of this. and i think this is connected by stoners too because you can really tire your mind with cannabis if you do it enough. then you feel detached, arent i right does anyone else feel this?