Feeling spaced out or feel like you're in a dream?

Discussion in 'General' started by M369, Aug 16, 2008.

1. I actually cried so much when I found this thread, not because it made me sad but because I finally felt like I had an answer! I have been feeling fuzzy headed, spaced out and everything was like looking through a dream for about two weeks on and off. I eventually went to the doctor but it was really hard to describe to him exactly how I felt. He asked me if I had ever been diagnosed with anxiety, I told him I hadn't and passed it off (thinking to myself that I am not an anxious person, this has nothing to do with how am feeling). He ordered me an ECG and a blood test, the only thing that came back from these was a low hormone in my thyroid, all I wanted was to know what is wrong with me and why I feel like this.
    So anyway I want to ask anyone that is kind enough to answer: Could I be suffering from this anxiety disorder, derealisation, if I am not typically anxious. As in I am able to get up in the mornings and be happy and able to love those around me, am able to go out and about independently and not have panic attacks. The one thing I do feel anxious about is having something medically wrong with me (and I hate to say it but, dying at a young age) these are worries and thoughts that I just can't seem to get out my head and probably think about it on a daily basis. Thanks for any help and advice in advance.

I actually cried so much when I found this thread, not because it made me sad but because I finally felt like I had an answer! I have been feeling fuzzy headed, spaced out and everything was like looking through a dream for about two weeks on and off. I eventually went to the doctor but it was really hard to describe to him exactly how I felt. He asked me if I had ever been diagnosed with anxiety, I told him I hadn't and passed it off (thinking to myself that I am not an anxious person, this has nothing to do with how am feeling). He ordered me an ECG and a blood test, the only thing that came back from these was a low hormone in my thyroid, all I wanted was to know what is wrong with me and why I feel like this.
    So anyway I want to ask anyone that is kind enough to answer: Could I be suffering from this anxiety disorder, derealisation, if I am not typically anxious. As in I am able to get up in the mornings and be happy and able to love those around me, am able to go out and about independently and not have panic attacks. The one thing I do feel anxious about is having something medically wrong with me (and I hate to say it but, dying at a young age) these are worries and thoughts that I just can't seem to get out my head and probably think about it on a daily basis. Thanks for any help and advice in advance.

2. #302 M369, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015
    I know I haven't posted in here in a long time. But I would just like to say that i have not had these feelings for a long time now.

Unfortunately when I first experienced derealization there was very little information or support on the internet. I appeared to be an extremely rare case, this only fed my feelings and made it worst. I was ridiculed. Told to get on with life and stop thinking about it. If only it was that easy... That's why I made this thread. Because feeling like you are the only one in the world to feel like that is a horrible feeling to have.

I remember the months after very well. I was a mess, I couldn't work, I couldn't think straight and I felt like no one understood and that I was alone, trapped in a daze forever.

First of all you must remember that this is only a temporary thing. Something created by your own mind. You haven't fried your brain and there is nothing wrong with you mentally. Crazy people don't realize they are crazy. It's nothing more than a build up of anxiety. Anxiety that fills your brain so much it becomes too much to take, so your brain switches off. It goes into autopilot mode in an attempt to blur it out. It's a messed up fight or flight response.

The most important thing is to stop analysing yourself. Stop hoping that one day you will wake up and feel completely normal. I used to wake up and immediately think to myself ' is it gone yet ' Unfortunately it doesn't work like that, it's those very thoughts that keep the anxiety alive and keep you trapped in the daze.

Once you control your anxiety the fog will lift and you will feel back to 'normal'

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wow crazy to think I just found this thread today and you(matt) have replied 3 days previously after so long!
    I got my DR from salvia.
    I believe it gave me a panic attack, which gave me anxiety or having a further panic attack. And the anxiety then gave me DR.
    This is was in February. 6 Month on and I'm MUCH MUCH better. Find a good book to combat anxiety and it will combat your DR in turn. That's my advice anyway.
    As i said I've not fully recovered but I'm feeling much much better than a couple of months ago.
    Panic attack workbook by Dr.Carbonell is a great resource for beating anxiety. I attribute that book to most of my recovery.

Matt, I'd love to hear more in detail about how you combated your anxiety and are completely DR free. Any tips you'd care to share?

Thanks everyone for the contributions, I know we all helped each other

4. thank you so much for this. I have felt exactly like this for about 2 years now. I thought this was just how I had to live life forever. I literally thought I was crazy or had some serious brain issues.

5. life is a dream

• Like Like x 1
  6. #306 WubbaLubbaDubDub, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Klem on your face

Edit: whoops, didn't realize what thread this was haha.

7. This is how I am.. just sort of always been like this. It was extremely noticeable whenever I did math. Part of me would be doing the work while another part of me would be "seeing" myself outside of myself, watching me do math. Whenever anyone would ask me how I could do math so well, I'd tell them and they'd think it was weird and I thought it was weird they didn't do it.

8. this is a common experience, what were you like before this? it's natural to hallucinate and natural to daydream, so what was the question?

9. i have the same thing ive just recently got it does anyone know how to get rid of it im still young and dont want to live like this it sucks

10. Game over man!, game over!

11. Have experienced this before. I remember when I was 18 (idk if Im allowed to put the age I really was) I was still pretty new to smoking but wasn't super new at it. Anyway I got this little bong and I remember the first time I smoked a bowl out of it by myself I got a feeling like this I never felt the same after that bowl and it seemed to just not go away idk if I am just so used to it now or what. Probably all in my head lol im not sure if that is exactly what your talking about but I have def. had what your talking about from doing other shit and in bad times

12. well now

• Like Like x 1
  13. #313 Am_I_crazy, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    OMG DUDE I SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. AT FIRST READING THIS MADE ME FEEL BETTER BUT THEN MY BRAIN DECIDES TO BE A DICK AND MAKES ME FEEL WORSE BY MAKING ME THINK IT IS JUST THE MATRIX MAKING YOU SAY THESE THINGS LIKE AS IF YOU GUYS ARE NOT EVEN REAL TO MAKE ME BACK THINK IM NOT IN THE MATRIX. I AM SO SCARED >_< AS I AM STILL YOUNG THIS WORRIES ME A LOT. WHAT MAKES IT WORSE IS THAT WHAT SOMEONE SAYS CANNOT MAKE ME LESS WORRIED SINCE I WILL JUST THINK IT IS THE MATRIX TRYING TO MAKE ME LESS WORRIED. I'M SCARED. HELP!!!! >_<

14. Lol. This response is priceless. Watch out the matrix is coming to get yah

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I have it on and off and even before I smoked pot. It's scary when it feels like I'm not really real or I can feel every move in my hands like it's not coming from me. Trippy but it fades.

16. U are not in a matrix baby boy come to mama I got the answers. It's just some trippy shit that's happening between your synapses in your brain, u will be a OK.

17. What is with the "we are the universe itself" at the bottom of some people's messages

18. Hey Guys,

happy to be here
    And amazed by that intense conversation here.
    @M369 thank you for being that honest! And be able to write down everything so clear and easy to understand. Wow man.

guys I like to analyse this kind of behaviour and find solutions for that.
    So I observed that of course derealization is related to anxieties as M369 said.
    By staying constantly in our head we get detached from the world and then sure, it makes sense to feel like you’re not in it.

the thing is to realise here that the anxiety here, needs to be solved.
    It’s easy to say to stop thinking, but that’s indeed the solution of not get to worry about something/anything.
    when you’re able to do so - gettin out of the head, you’re free, or better: you’re back in reality and start to enjoy what’s going up around you
    That’s actually the goal: to be able to enjoy the environment in fullest.

Pls apologise my English if ever it’s wrong, I’m German and tryin my best lol

anyway, there are good books which would basically explain to you why we’re in our head and in summary how to get out of it.
    - a brave new world by Echart Tolle and so on

The thing is, to embrace those advices is a big process! So maybe I can already give you my experience of processing it, making mistakes, fail, reanalyse and get better and better :)
    Hopefully I can help someone out there

now some spiritual sounding shit
    You need to feel yourself and be honest to yourself about your deep feelings

bc! The problem in the process is, that even tho you realised that you’re anxious -> you wanna change smt -> you got the advice to focus on what’s in front of you, it will not work if there’s smt in your heart, out of fucking balance, which will always rip you in these worried thoughts.

so no way around. You’re not dumb, no one is. Being honest has nothing in common with intelligence. Means look inside yourself, what’s that what makes your heart feel heavy. That’s it as the very first step.
    just see it, see what you are right now what kind of emotion you are. Realise your feeling and accept it.
    and then stop thinking about why the feeling is there, or what it does to you.
    Just accept that and start to be aware of your bro, called heavy emotion, and focus on what’s in front of you.
    You sit on smt, you breath, you’re hungry? Maybe a bit fucking stiff in your neck? Ok stand up do food! Don’t think! Be aware and function and do smt against that stiff neck man.

It may happen that a emotion will break out of you, maybe you’ll cry, or wtf what ever.
    that’s okay, it feels better after when you just accept that cry that damn emotion and let it be.
    keep going functioning then.
    and to stay in that state of not going back in your head: try as hard as you can to enjoy what you’re doing. You do a coffee, do you smell the coffee seeds? Yehh try to enjoy that - enjoyment will keep you out of your head.
    and wow, when you’re open for that, then even the smallest thing is able to be enjoyed af.

In addition I have to say from experience, that there will be setbacks.
    but now you know more, now you try to change and now you’re aware!
    Realisation is the first step.

Oh gosh I’m sorry if my explanation is a total disarray.

I would be happy, if someone understands. Hopefully I helped at least a bit :)

guys! I’m still there :)) but I think we’re just humans and this is so normal to get in to big worries
    We will get back to a free mind again
    And then as life just is, there will be a next thing to worry about. But lol, we will punch back in the reality to not get drowned by circumstances.

hahah
    Peace to everyone. hihi
    Ah, drink tea :) it helps to keep yourself calm. Lavender is the best.