Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Feeling sick

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by joeyhimself1, May 9, 2012.

1. Sometimes when I smoke (it tends to be the first jay), I start to feel sick, and on the rare occasion wretch and even throw up. Afterwards I feel fine and completely able to carry on, but it makes the whole experience less enjoyable, what could be the cause(s) of this? I tend not to eat that much daily because not only do I feel a little queasy in the morning-unrelated to weed I think because I feel like this when I havn't smoke for a while- so I tend not to have much of a breakfast but also because I have a busy schedule most days which makes it hard to fit regular big meals in.

Any contributions will help, thanks!

2. dont swallow smoke and eat healthier foods. lots of fruits and stuff like that

3. Sounds to me like your dehydrated. When you first wake up you should drink a glass of water. When you add morning dehydration and weed its makes a nasty combination. Next time drink something while you do it. Oh eat a less greasy breakfast and a banana. Those get you more hydrated.

4. Could definitely be due to dehydration or from not eating enough.

Does this happen just while your high, or is it the smoking itself that makes you feel sick? Sometimes when I take a big bong rip and start coughing, it amps up my anxiety and makes me worry that the coughing might cause me to puke, which has in turn made me puke a couple times. :p

If it mainly happens during a post-hit coughing fit, then try to take deep breaths and drink some water.

5. Alright I'll start drinking some more especially before a sesh, and I'll fit more good stuff into my diet, I mostly eat sandwhiches, few vegetables/fruit and some meat, but it tends to be after I smoke. Thanks alot guys!

6. It's the smoking itself that makes me feel sick, it's just after I take a toke

7. Do you tend to cough after you take a hit?

It could be the coughing that is making you feel nauseous, or it could be that you're swallowing the smoke.

Definitely still keep yourself well hydrated and try not to smoke on a completely empty stomach. Even a small snack beforehand would probably help.

But after you take a hit, try taking some deep breaths and taking a few sips of water. That helps me a lot when it comes to feeling sick during a post-hit coughing fit.

8. You should eat some good food and drink a lot of liquids to stay hydrated.

9. I used to get the same thing op then for unknown reasons it changed to feeling sick before I smoke and the weed makes it go away now. I don't eat well but

10. I've recently experienced the same exact thing. Wake up feeling horrible. Blaze to feel better. Didin't eat food until after like 4pm. Repeat the next day. Had to force myself to eat and drink more to get over it. Eating fruits like oranges, which hydrate you, before bed really helped.

11. Nah, I usually don't cough, I just get the strange sensation in my stomach, and do you think a certain type of snack would help? I'm thinking fruit or veg probably

12. I'm sure fruits or veggies would be fine. Even crackers or anything that'll just put something in your stomach. :p

13. I would say a citrus would work well. Try a orange or water melon. What you want is a good juicy fruit. Or you could drink one of the breakfast drinks. LIke breakfast essentials. Thats what i use.

14. Same thing happens to me, the first hit or two and I'm always gagging and it's just not fun. It goes away, but it's probably just because of how strong it is or what you're smoking it out of.

15. Cool =] really appreciate the help you've all given me!