Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Feeling repression for weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Fairladyz, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Hello guys. I started smoking a year and half ago as a light smoker. So this september I decided to stop because career fair at college was near and my girlfriend hates it. By that time weed was just awesome the greatest substance ever to enjoy and have little bad effect unlike alcohol or nicotine. I just loved to be high, listen to music, relax and enjoy myself but I stopped and restrained myself of usage for exactly 90 days. It had no withdrawal effects but I missed it a lot, i frequently talked about how shitty was having it to be illegal. Anyway 4 days ago I decided to give it a try to satisfy that wish of using it but guess what? I smoked and I felt guilty of ruining that 90 days detox period and I spent the high worried thinking about if it was really worth it and what was so much fun about it before and guess what? I found no reason and i started to think it was not as fun as I was thinking it was while I was restraining from it. So two days after I smoked and again found no fun about it, yesterday I decided to give it a last shop and again all I've done is feel more guilty and find it less entertaining. Im starting to feel repression towards weed and no longer wish continuing using it.

Whas does this means guys??? Why I feel this way? Is this normal?

Is this a good time to stop using weed in order to get a solid job?

2. Just take a break until you feel like you can use it again, no one is forcing you to smoke. If you want to, go ahead, if you don't don't. If you have other priorities right now, like securing a job, then focus on that, weed isn't going anywhere.

3. if you don't want to smoke then dont man. its all up to you, cannabis isn't for everybody.

4. I think you feel guilty because yo dont want your g f to be disapointed or something like that, if you wantthe feeling to stop, just tell them, this is me and i like pot

PS. I would stop smoking when youre looking for a job, manditory drug testing is at a lot of businesses

5. If you spent the whole time feeling guilty about smoking instead of relaxing into your high you're not gonna have a very good time. Maybe you should lay off the weed until you're at a point in your life where you don't have to feel guilty about smoking.

6. Ive been in your situation man. I take t-breaks alot not only to help my tolerance but also to keep a fresh perspective on smoking.

From my experiences when returning from a break one of two things can happen. One, you love it because its something youve been missing for a period of time. Two, you feel there's a bit of a letdown because abstaining from weed caused you to remember it better than it is.

When its the latter Ive found the best thing to do is to stop. Perhaps as you matured so matured weed's place in your life. Its probably time to reevaluate what the plant means for you. Right now youre fighting a losing battle...you need to find a way to enjoy cannabis. Marijuana is a miracle drug but even it cant convince you to like it when youre telling yourself you dont.

7. Ninety days is not a long time. Maybe it wasn't long enough for you. Take a longer break off it if you have to. It will always be there.

8. Hey OP, I remember feeling like that around the time I started smoking. I knew my parents smoked (daily, like, hourly, no joke, they still do) but I still felt like they'd be mad or disappointed (which is ALWAYS worse) if they found out. I'd smoke and get high but feel sort of guilty and paranoid.

I thought "you know what, maybe they won't be mad if I just talk to them." So that's what I did. I talked to them, told (showed) them I was responsible and that I knew what I was getting in to and now I'm guilt free when I smoke.

I suggest, if you're feeling guilty cause your GF doesn't like it, sit down with her, find out what she doesn't like about it, and try to compromise. If that doesn't work, maybe you're just not a smoker. No harm in that. If you don't want to smoke, don't.