feeling real down, guys

Discussion in 'General' started by GeoTokeR, Aug 3, 2007.

1. I wish i could just crack a bottle and drown the sorrows of this fucked up world :(

How could religion effect somebody so much to the extent that they push away the one person they love(ed) for so long, just because they are not of thier faith?

I dont get to many things, but one thing i do understand that if you love someone, nothing else could compare to that person.

I feel like jumping off a bridge, Metaphorically or physically.

:(

2. Don't go watching the news anytime soon, they might as well call it The Bad News. It's not just religions either, coloured parents forbidding interracial dating.. real fucked up
    Answer this if you want, did you go throuhg a bad breakup yourself?

3. Don't let someone else's convinctions dictate the way you live your life. If they can't get past something as trivial as religion then it just isn't worth your time my friend.

Keep your head up man, much love. :)

4. I love this girl. She loves me too. But thats exactly it. SHE loves me, but her "god doesnt want us to be together because im not christan". We're not broken up, infact she still says she loves me. But i think its comming soon.

My heads spinning.

5. Only someone that doesnt understand religion would think a christian god doesnt want you marrying someone just because the person in question isnt of the same faith.. thats just the church.

6. oh man, there are so many girls out there, you can find one just as good or better who isn't as small minded.

7. the thing is, i dont think i can. Me and this girl have SUCH a great connection its unbelieveable. Just plain remarkable.

Its like brain washing. Whats been going through my mind is, What would you do if you knew someone in a cult, i.e The Peoples Temple? Would you try to help them or just let them do as they wish because after all, it is their life and not mine.

I dont fuckin care anymore. Dime a dozen.

8. To some, religion is everything. The afterlife.. Heaven or Hell.. eternally..
    You can't blame them. Think about it for a second, meditate. Put yourselves in their shoes.. Is there more to life than just living, being healthy, smoking herbs, making money and feeding the poor? That's for you to answer. Gain that peace of mind, my friend, you will see the light. All in all, I wish you luck in this uncalled for time.

9. I've heard it all know.Religion as a way to stop dating someone,that propostorus.

If she brought it up once she gonna do so again,just drop it now while your still down.

Cause it would really suck if eveything turns blue again then all of a sudden it turns grey again.

No girl is worth felling depressed over,especially if it's over religion.....

You know what to do....

10. Its real easy for you all to say. You havnt lived it.

You dont know this girl. Her mind changes rapidly. She's kinda ditsy. Somethings stick, others dont. I dont know if this is one of them that do, or dont stick.

Its fucking weird. I know

11. Hey dude, my girl is exactly like that, and let me tell you something, if you don't want to be hurt, end it. If she really loves you that much she wouldn't let religion get in the way. Talk to her about it, try to get her to forget about religion and focus on you two being together, if she doesn't do that she's not worth it. I'm not trying to say shes a bad lady or anything, but I'm trying to look out for you, relationships can hurt, hell, people can go crazy, or kill themselves over it.

Theres more women out there, and your young, you can either wait for it to come to an end or you can find your soul mate. But the first thing I recommend is talking to her about it, tell her how serious you are, and see if shes on the same level.

You're probably going to read this and say "Hell no I can't do that I love her" But hey man it's your choice, I just really hate when people go through with shit like this, for your own better.. end it if it doesn't work out soon. If she really loves you, she'll come back.

12. I dont know what to fuckin do.

If i could salvage it, i deffinatly would. But if she decides that her faith and me cant exsist together, then im giving her the old boot. Even though i love her, i just cant be pushed around like that. Love is to stong of an emotion to fuck around with.

Maybe im just blowing this out of proportion. I dont fucking know

13. No man, you're exactly right, love is a strong emotion, and fucking with it is like putting a bullet in your head. Hey man, if you need someone to talk to PM bro.

14. I don't think you're blowing this out of proportion man. There is nowhere in any part of the Christian faith that says a Christian can't date a non-Christian. Differences are what make people beautiful man. You have to respect her decision to change her life like this, but trust me, you'll find someone better suited to you.

I was in almost the exact same situation in high school. My girlfriend dumped me cause I wasn't pious enough. Almost a week later she started dating this guy who had asked her out many times when we were dating, and she constantly assured me she didn't like him. Anyway, it sucked. I thought I was going to die. I was so depressed. And then one day, I was just over her. And a few weeks later I met a girl who was way more amazing than she was in every aspect.

It sucks now, and, believe me, every guy who's ever been through a breakup with a serious girlfriend knows, you're convinced you'll never find someone who was like her. That is true, you could search the world and you wouldn't find someone who was like her, but breakups have a tendency to push you to grow and evolve. You'll find someone else, who is different than her, but matches you more closely.

Don't sweat it, man. I would be just as pissed as you, were I in your situation. Just stay logical and rational, and don't be mean or lashing at her and you'll always have the upper hand . Good luck.

15. religion is stupid and should be banned world wide, it's useless.

16. well you could always use the ill convert for you. itll be romantic and keep your relationship going.

or you could go with the option, list out everything youve done all the things you share in common and ask her is all that not longer real just because i dont believe in the same god? but thats more iniciating a break up with an ultimatum

17. ^ as mentioned above if religion is a big deal to her you could always convert if you planned on marrying her or something. I've got to say that the guys I've been with all are pretty much the same Irish or Italian, all Catholics, whether or not they currently practice, when I get married, I wanna get married in church, so being with someone with a similar spiritual background is important to me. Maybe that's the way she feels?

18. I feel its important to share the same religious background.... but there is no way I would give up someone just to be with someone else in the same religion. In the bible it does talk about being "equally yoked," but I think that people take that the wrong way. Sure it's better for a christian and a christian to marry vs a muslim and a christian. The love can be there but if you have kids you open up those kids to different religions and the parents might want to go seperate ways with the kids. It's not good... I went through a mild form of this. My mom has never been in church and really doesn't have any plan to. My dad is very religious and thinks our problems will be cured if my mother goes to church. My brother and I have always been torn between what to do. The religion to me stands true but I believe people have to choose and I haven't chosen to follow. Even if I was going to get into religion hardcore I wouldn't break up with my girlfriend because I love her. I refuse to go out with someone just from a religious stand point.

Also... I have a question. People think it's so wrong for someone to practice religion yet people partake in stuff that is practicly a religion (in the sense that people do it a lot and think about it a lot), such as Marijuana, that they wouldn't give up for anyone. So my question is, why do you expect someone to change something you don't like but wouldn't quit something for them? I am not calling anyone out or trying to be nasty, just a question.

19. OP a lot of the blades here have given you some great advice, I don't think I can really add too much more to this but I hope things work out the best for YOU. I personally think that Love and Religion are two separate things, its good to agree on things from a moral standpoint but just becuase you two dont share the EXACT same beliefs or practice what you believe the same way should not make a difference when it comes to love, I don't want to bring you down dude, far from it but it seems like she's just not the girl for you, and that she already has her mind made up.

I know that it hurts right now but wiht time the sting will lessenm and then hey, you might find someone else... who knows?

Just dont shut yourself out to the possibility of finding someone special again, it can and WILL happen, it just takes time.

I hope you feel better, and feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to.

20. Thanks for the support everyone. Its much appreciated.

Ive been thinking about this shit for so long that i feel as though its burned a hole in my brain by now. Ive come to the conclusion that shit happens. Once in a while the shit will hit the fan and you just need to know when to step aside and let it fling right past ya.

Its not like i couldnt get another girl anyways. I mean, girls are always hitting on me. Not to brag or sound cocky but its true. The thing is that this girl was special and for the last year i was under the impression we could make it. I thought this love couldnt change, no matter what. Maybe it hasnt. Maybe she is just confused and will drop it as soon as she realizes that she does love me and couldnt let me go. Maybe im dead wrong. Thats what i have to prepare for, ya dig?

...I guess the sun has a powerful effect upon people