Feeling like you dont belong...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Captainbasch420, Aug 12, 2011.

1. I dont know what it is, but for as long as i can remember, i feel like i dont belong here on earth. I feel lost and confused.
    I dont know why though.
    I dont know if its depression, or just some part of growing up, or what.

Does anybody else have this feeling?

2. You belong here because you are here....if you werent meant to be you'd be somewhere else.

"Whatever you do, don't shut off your pain; accept your pain and remain vulnerable. However desperate you become, accept your pain as it is, because it is in fact trying to hand you a priceless gift: the chance of discovering, through spiritual practice, what lies behind sorrow.
    “Grief,” Rumi wrote, “can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life's search for love and wisdom.”

3. #4 Captainbasch420, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hmm. I read through that page and some of the links at the bottom.
    And i gotta say, thats actually how i feel.

But... Im having problems believing it. Not because i think the idea is crazy or anything, i actually think its amazing.
    I think its my ego thats stopping me, i dont know how to explain.
    I want to believe that i could be a wanderer, i just dont want to feel as if im conceited(if thats the right word.).
    I really wish i could explain it better.

I think i just dont fully understand it, i came across that site a few years ago, but forgot about it.
    When i get home tonight, im definately gonna do some more reading on the site.

4. #5 Captainbasch420, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    This actualy made me feel alot better about the whole thing as well.

Thank you.

5. Ive only felt like I belonged. Once. And it's not gonna happen again. All you cam really do is buff through it. Throw on a smile and let the day proceed. The world is cruel. Actually it's shit. But once you go out. Take a drive through the country you'll see how beautiful this world can be. Yesterday when I was drivin to pick up. I was depressed so I took a new route. It was rainy. How I love it and I drove pastthis one spot. I started bawling. It's like. I was remembering a false memory. I know I've never even seen that spot before. But the feeling I got. I know Ive been there

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jAyfGzSaz0]Nine Inch Nails - Right Where It Belongs - YouTube[/ame]