Feeling like intelligence is a curse.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by acfunkystuff, Oct 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. OP I'm more experienced with this. God, felt like it was only yesterday when I was 18. Isn't there anything positive, anything, that can make ur thoughts turn from hanging urself on a doorknob towards being in a reverse gangbang in ur very own apartment?

2. Ya need a good spliff too knock you out lol, ypu are causing minor brain damage too ypur self by staying awake more than 16 hours,

3. I believe that you can help yourself by not believing that you're smarter than everyone else. Try to believe that you know nothing. Then use this belief to feel empowerment and excitement about all of the things that are still left to learn and discover about the Earth, the Universe and yourself. This applies whether you're 18 or 108. We all know nothing.

As far as the racing thoughts when you're trying to sleep, I have the same issue to this day. I've never found a perfect solution to it. A daily exercise regiment and a good diet help a lot. I smoke weed. I avoid television before bed, I read instead. I meditate. I give myself structure, self discipline aid me with self esteem. Not too much structure because too much routine gives me depression. I engross myself in my hobbies to the point of exhaustion. I find that just sitting and gazing into my aquarium for a good long while helps before bed. It all makes a tiny difference and these days I eke out ~6hrs of sleep a night, which for me is amazing.

In our world, happiness is an illusion we can only create and give to ourselves. Nobody can give it to you. Good luck.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. [​IMG]

Go get humbled, look into academic socities or seek out university. You'll quickly feel like an idiot, if you choose the right place to study. Seek out physicists, in particular, of all the people I met on my academic circuit, they are far and away the sharpest, quickest and most interested creatures that the human race has to offer. Cutting edge, and more often than not, the physicists know their philosophy and psychology just as well as they know their quarks and hertz. Fantastic conversational partners, and like I said, they'll make you feel like a white-belt in notime. And not alone :)

[​IMG]

I like this variant better btw :laughing:

• Like Like x 2
  5. I work in a building with about 300 Engineers of one type or another. I too grew up being told I was "exceptional" and believed it until I met dozens of people were were more so. You're not that special my friend. Can't sleep? Read a book.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Can’t sleep, take Mirtazapine it will knock you out cold,

I’m 140 kg monster, 7mg of it put me too sleep
    15mg will mash ypu up like you drank 70cl lol

Nasty side effects, second day ypu be like a zombie

Good too fix sleep up,

Diazepam ain’t even strong enough compared toonthe shit above.

Shit I must be clever like you too hahahha, people tell me I’m crazy other than that it’s all good. Rash is better than being called an asshole.

7. if you posit that nothing has meaning on a deeper level, then you accept that none of your actions really have relevant consequences. If that is true, then there is nothing stopping you from simply enjoying yourself in this lifetime. stop thinking about big picture things and just focus on finding things that make you happy. Thats all we can do in life is try our best to be content.

8. try doing something like this, just pour your energy into it, and dont expect a life-changing outcome. just have fun doing it, because: hey, why not?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Im under the belief that more intelligence means more responsibility.. so like since your smarter than other people you have more purpose than they do.. or at the very minimal a higher purpose.. to help people and bring people together..

The truth is behind the hand of thought.. which guides your very being to the point of oblivion and back!

• Like Like x 1
  10. There's no use for intelligence if your cup is always overflowing. And to be intelligent, is mainly summed up to be in general, as mathematically, linguistically, and/or scientifically logically excellent, while there are theories out there of multiple intelligence's. In other words, you have to choose what way you want to do things, as there are no one definitive answer to one problem, there are myriad of solutions to many problems. I think mainly, you're problem isn't that you're too intelligent or not enough of it. I feel as though you need to redirect your efforts toward composure, the taming of the mind, and even centering through meditation. Look, no one can stop their mind from moving in any direction, as that would be a lost cause. But you can attempt to control your intentions. Such as a way of repeating the same intention over and over until it is mastered. If you can do that, you can begin to master self-control, and the emptying of your overflowing cup. Think of it this way, everything carries a weight. But not everything should be weighty to you. Concern yourself with things that are within your power, not things that cannot be within your power. And also, don't think you're alone, the worse thing a thinking individual can do is to withdraw and isolate themselves. You need to recognize this, that you are yourself, and there is one shared reality outside of yourself. And as long as these two remain separate, you will never find peace. That one shared reality, is called life, life and self should not be separate. Let go of the that one thing, called life, as it is always changing and there's no use of holding onto it at all. And you will find your peace. Where there is a will, there is a way. And I'll leave you with this quote, "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."

11. And all this time I thought my stupidity was a curse. Serious question: Do you have a job?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. this was a good read. i do also feel that my high level of intelligence is my biggest strength but also by biggest weakness. it causes me to overthink things that are rather simple to other people. it also hurts when people dont understand things that may seem complex and i have to attempt to explain it to them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I've been there before
    I sometimes think that life has no meaning, maybe because no one ever teaches you the meaning behind anything and we use religion, science, art, education, etc... as a form of explanation and refugee for fear or doubt.

But one thing that keeps me calm is to think that, if we as humans, ever understood the meaning behind every single thing or situation, then we would have a hold of this world.
    Not just physically, but mentally and we could control situations that never had a reasonable explanation, making this life on earth purpose-less.

Imagine if you understood why things happen the way they do, or why life repeats the same patterns over and over again.
    Philosophy wouldn't exist anymore... we wouldn't be able to fantasise or have any imagination.
    Were would art go?
    No one would ever feel the need to express themselves in anyway.
    Science, entertainment... none of that would be a part of the world anymore.

I know how frustrating your thoughts can be, but use art as a healthy outlet.
    Smoke a fatty and let your mind be as creative as possible... you will amaze yourself in the long run.
    Take care
    x

14. With all due respect, those who have awakened to the meaning of life realize they are one with it and that "thoughts" and constantly thinking were their greatest hindrance... the problem with almost everyone is a constant stream of thoughts most of which are "story" based on past experiences or future anticipation / imaginings... none of which is reality which can only be found here and now....

the mind is a tool that should be picked up only when needed and it is rarely needed unless we are like reading instructions or engaged in creating something... most thinking is "time based" linear static based on concepts we were bombarded with by family friends school media and environment...

thinking our way through life we become like tin soldiers marching with tin boots on tin streets clang clang clang... yet.... those of us from somewhat dysfunctional families (which includes most of us by varying degrees) learned to be calculating so as to anticipate what the next move would be by parents, siblings, then classmates, teachers, bosses, etc...

it takes a lot of energy to think ones way through life but zero energy to just be in the flow.... we are being breathed, the heart beats without thinking... being in "control" is really an illusion we are under for a time until we realized we are being lived by life or the creative intelligence that directs the wind which way to blow, when and at what velocity...

sorry, i've been known to digress... lol likely comes from too much thinking...
    :bolt:

15. at 23 i feel many years more mature than most of my peers. i do think having intellect is a great thing, because it puts you ahead in life, however it's really hard to fit in with people around you. i'd say have fun, smoke good bud, enjoy life for what it is. stop comparing yourself to others and try to do your best in life, because at the end of the day you're going to end up in the dirt like the rest of us.

no point in feeling like you're "cursed" for having a high IQ or whatever... life is meaningless? perhaps, but you should try to make the best of your time in this reality, because it will be over quick (i still feel 18 btw, life has moved incredibly fast since graduating highschool, college was a flash...). don't take your intelligence for granted either - do something special/great with your life, you CAN do it!

16. Yeah - I don’t get that. Not at all. I’m always thinking ten steps ahead.

It keeps me from joining the forces of the Slackers.

J

17. We all are but all thoughts are either memories of the past or anticipation (often fearful) of the future... on that basis we are missing out on being Here Now in the Present which is all there is...

Life is what happens to us while we are busy making other plans.... There are very few human Beings as most are caught up as human becoming, never content with the present moment, always thinking more is better... more is never enough... it's an illusion, one of many in the world... per all the sages (awakened ones) took me about 6 decades to "get" this and i'm still where you are but now understand it and know it to be true...

You are fine.... we all are but few Realize it...

• Like Like x 1
  18. If reefer screwed up your thinking that bad, it's a good thing you haven't taken LSD.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. 921704C1-D3DA-4ADE-80F9-41F6E2CD5E4F.jpeg
    Maybe it’s time for a journey.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed