Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

feeling guilty...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by lopeturtle, Jul 17, 2010.

1. ive just begun to feel guilty after smoking everyday for 2 monthes. i have not told my parents yet, and they have no clue. but today i was reading some articles on google, and i began to get convinced that pot really does harm you in the long run. opinions?

is this guilty feeling normal? i feel guilty that my parents dont know, and also because i feel like im gonna end up doing ruining my career if i get in trouble smoking weed. my grades are very high and im currently in college, but still living at home.

2. You won't be guilty when you realize there is nothing wrong with it.Try some documentaries.
    The Union-http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9077214414651731007#

3. See below (sig)

'nuff said.

4. yeah ive seen the union and super high me. both convinced me very well that marijuana is perfectly harmless.

yet then i begin to think on my own...and how its so hard to just take a couple days break from smoking now that its summer.

and also the propaganda...it cant be that its all fake, can it? there is honestly no harm done to the brain by smoking weed say...5 times a week? i know the smoke is harmful for the lungs, but is that the only true fact?

5. and also ive been reading those articles on the internet where its about a guy who had the same beliefs on cannabis as i did. but then he states how he realized later on in life that weed truly is addicting, and how he lost a friend/relative b/c all they ever ended up caring about was weed.

it just makes me feel guilty that im even doing such a sketchy thing to my body, and hiding it from my family.

6. One of the few things that i find harmful that may be true is that when young people like teens smoke it "demotivates" you. like all you'd wanna do is just smoke or something. i don't know if this is true or not though.

7. well, assuming since you're older than 18, you more than likely either have school/work. as long as you perform well in your job/school, or atleast give your effort into them, you shouldn't feel guilty. what I would do is show how responsible you are, and as long as you have your shit together, you're doing fine. don't let it take over your life like some people who spend $20 a day on it. (not trying to pick on people or anything, if you have the $20-$40 a day you're still able to support yourself, theres no problem)

8. You have to be kidding me. Just because you read one thing online saying marijuana is bad your going to believe it? That's ridiculous.. Do some research. After you finish the movie youll think to yourself, "damn I can't believe I ever thought that was bad." It's all about the government dude, marijuana is so safe, not only that its just about the most useful plant on earth. For more reasons then smoking. Just watch the documentary.

9. Honestly dude. I would quit if I were you. Not because of any health reasons, but you have too much going for you. If you really care about your grades and career, quit. Regardless of what people say, weed can fuck up your life, because it is illegal.

10. lopeturtle

It seems to me you feel guilty because you know that if your parents knew they would probably be disappointed with you, and it seems like you are trying to justify your guilt by convincing yourself that herb is harmful when it saved my grandmother from liver and colon cancer by increasing her appetite and giving her the nutrition she needed to recover. So it honestly comes down to your morals and beliefs. If you feel that guilty then maybe you should stop maybe not but like everything else in your life it is completely up to you. No one can make that decision for you.

11. I hope your not serious.

12. Wow, I wonder if the OP knew his Dad had an account? :D

He has kept good grades, and he's in college right now. He really shouldn't be THAT worried about the "career" issues just yet. And if you're ever going to risk getting caught using weed, now would be the time in your life to do it, before you have a career, family, house, car, etc. Sounds like he's holding his own just fine in school.

Just because weed may have fucked up your life, doesn't mean it will for everyone. Illegal is relative to location, as is the punishment. Plenty of people live in areas where it is illegal but decriminalized, and the fine is less than your average traffic ticket.

13. i just feel like smoking weed directly links to those who dont care too much about their careers. just as that one guy said above...man i really dont know how to feel right now.

the documentary convinces me that its harmless, but my question is why is there always such an intense burnout after smoking? it must be doing something funky with your brain in order for it to cause such tiredness after smoking.

14. Caffeine makes you hyper, that not "normal" either. So whats the difference bro.. Think about it.

15. i think its just the propaganda getting to me...

my parents have no clue i smoke pot, and are foreign...meaning that they simply dont like the idea of drugs. should i attempt to tell them that i smoke cannabis and show them the documentaries?

also, how can it be proven that the propaganda is much more fake than a few documentaries?

16. OK, I'll just try and address your physical concerns first.

You say there's always an "intense burnout" feeling. Let's go by comparison. Try this:

- Walk up to someone who smokes a pack a day, and dare them to give it up for 3 days. Visit them in 2 days, and see how bad their nicotine withdrawal symptoms compare.

- Give up all caffeine for a week. See how you feel on day 3 and compare.

Something tells me you'll quickly find out that your illegal herb is nowhere near as bad on your body as these two very common and yet legal drugs.

Also, if you're just feeling tired after smoking, that is due to the release of extra saratonin in your body, which is a natural chemical that regulates sleep. Serotonin is what gets produced after you eat the Tryptophan in turkey meat that makes you sleepy. Shockingly, turkeys are still legal, and that's not because of some Thanksgiving conspiracy. :D

Lastly, if you're really paranoid about the physical effects of smoking, try a vaporizer instead. I'd go with an MFLB at first.

17. Drugs can kill people, harm people bodies, ruin lifes. Marijuana is simply a natural plant that has never harmed anyone more then doing little damage to the lungs. It has so many pro's with so little cons. You'r parents have probably bought into the goverment saying drugs are bad, witch I agree. But I don't classify it as a "drug" You should show your parents the movie.. After watching that theres not much they can say to you besides "its still illegal, I don't want you smoking it" But if thats there best reason to keep you from smoking it. You shouldn't feel guilty, because its illegal for all the wrong reasons.

18. Why do you feel like it is necessary to tell your parents?

And you cant prove the legitimacy of the propaganda people with decide if the believe it or not off their own instincts and research.

19. its not that i find a NEED to tell my parents. i just feel like i havent been doing anything productive this summer except for relaxing with friends and smoking pot. i mean theres nothing wrong with that, but i feel like when school comes around i wont be able to change my schedule of smoking everyday

also, why the fact that quitting smoking makes you unable to sleep scares me. how come stopping smoking cannabis makes you unable to sleep?

20. man the herb doesn't effect your brain at all. you should feel proud to use marijuana. it means you can make decisions for yourself and that you don't have to listen and agree to everything government says.

If you don't care about your life then you'll probably smoke weed, why not? but you can also care about life and smoke weed as many do.

If you use it as a sleep aid this may be the case as would any medicine to help you sleep. Try to enjoy it, stopping may suck for a couple days but it certainly isn't hard to do, as long as it does't get in the way of your school you'll be fine. You have to control your own body, the plant cannot control you.