Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Feeling "Guilty"

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sharks12, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I'm Sawyer and live in Ontario, Canada. I live in a rough town, the town itself is in great looking shape. My school I go to however is not. It is filled with druggies (cocaine and pills) and stupid looking gang members. I am not one of them, I chill with my own kinda crew and we go to seperate schools one about 10 minutes away. I feel a little guilty about smoking weed because all the fuck ups in my school are getting to me. Making me start thinking things like "What am I going to be like when I'm older?" "I don't want to turn out like them" I know all the facts on earth about marijuana. I really do, I literally research it every single day. I feel bad also because my parents or brother do not know I smoke weed. I usually do it when I'm home alone, in the basement out the window. The odd time I'll creep down there and smoke a few bowls just to chill. I mean, I'm not a loser lol at all. I have a part-time job, I play hockey, I have friends, good relationship with my rents, and I do okay in school, but I have always been like that, I'm just not a school person you know. Call me crazy, but I want all of them to know I smoke! Do you have any idea of how much better I would feel about myself with letting them find out and being "ok" with it? I'm not expecting them to say "Oh shit thats nothing do it whenever" But something like "Ok I understand it, but i do not want to know about it" or something along those lines. My brother has never smoked to my knowledge, but he drinks a fair bit, and my parents have no problem with that. In fact, they think alcohol is 10 x better then weed. When I go to parties and need brewskis they will give me them and let me drink. It's funny really. Sorry for all the ranting, but I hope some of you give me a decent response. Thanks GC!

2. Hey man, don't feel bad. Honestly, there are an enormous amount of people who smoke weed and are completely useless partly or entirely due to their addiction to marijuana. However, there are also a ridiculous amount of responsible and moderately successful people out there. It sucks not being able to be open about your bud usage with family/friends/coworkers or whoever because there is a bullshit stigma attached to it-- the reason there is that stigma is because of that enormous amount of irresponsible deadbeat stoners out there who ruin a non-user's perception of bud.

I'm telling you, don't feel guilty because they don't know. Do everything you can to be successful, don't let bud be a way to avoid responsibilities, just use it to relax whenever you can. If your parents give you any crap about it, it's because they probably love you and worry that it could be a gateway to another drug or an easy way for you to waste your potential and become a loser... but if you keep your mind straight and do what you need to do, smoking herb is quite fine for you. Aim high (in every way).

3. I get like this at times, but who doesn't. Its just one of those things you feel bad about because its something you cant do where everyone cn see you or around your family.

4. hey kid i understand exactly how you feel in fact i was just like you. My parents didnt know and i was hiding it from them because i thought they would think im just sum fuck up who is lazy and never amount to anything. Just realize this from everything you said it sounds like you can handle the wonderful herb of marijuana. You said you have a job play sports do decent in school, in my eyes thats all that counts is if ytour getting your shit done then its okay to toke up here and there. Now once you see that the herb is getting in the way and causing you to screw up then mayb you should slow down and get back on treack but if u can handle it then by all mean go for it. I mean my dad gets home from work everyday and drinks his wine or beer. When i get home for a lopng day of school or watever it may be, i toke a bowl and is there really much of a difference?? I eventually let my parents know and the way i broke it to them was just talking bout pot in front of them and seeing their reactions and i notice they seemd to be preety cool with it so i decided to let them know and i told them hey look ive been doing it for the past year and not once have you noticed my grades drop nor have i screwed up because of it and i am making a choice that i enjoy doing this just as you enjoy drinking eith your friends. Luckily they understood =) and i toke up every day in my room without a worry. I obviously dont know your parents but if you think they seem to be cool with it then just be truthful with them and come with fact about it on paper from reliable sources on it, to proove to them its not anything bad. Your stupid kids at ur skool doing all that other shit, dont expect to get into just because you smoke, millions of people smoke weed and have never youched another substance, the way i see it and always have is smoke weed as much as u like as long as it isnt affecting the things that count (job, family, skool etc.) lol now that my whole speech is done remember this quote "Weed should always revolve around you life and never ever should your life revovle around weed" keep toking and ill smoke a bowl for you out here in long beach, california for ya bra :wave: any typos im sorry but the computer i am using doesnt have the program for spell check lol

5. Thanks a lot for the post guys. I'm feeling a lot better, I wish I had the balls to tell them lol. My dad would never be down, but I really think my mom would.

6. well maybe if you think your mom is chill enough break the news to her and tell her to not tell your dad thats what my friend did lol but of course only if you feel comfortable because remeber if they do flip they will more than likely drug test you occasionally and then you will ruin wat u have now whic in my opinion is id rather smoke herb and hide it then not smoke it at all lol but then again thats wat anybody marijuana user will tell u lol and as i said i just smoked that bowl for you kid =p :smoke:

7. Lol thank you my man. If the time comes when i feel ready and maybe have a bit of weed in me :smoke: I shall tell her the terrifying news that her baby is doing DRUGS zomg!

8. haha i know may i ask how old you are ?? and ya unfortunetly marijuana has been labeled as the devils lettuce haha and everybody frowns upon it and its the dumb ass gangsters like u said above that smoke and do nothing or cause problems however it may be that makes us good heated people look like criminals the only law i ever broke is smoking the ganja and driving a lil fast here and there =p lol

9. I'm just 18 man and yea I wish weed didnt get such a bad name. Alcohol kills millions, but yet is served in bars and sold in stores.

10. yup exactly man all it does it get me upset at the world lol like seth rogan said in pineapple express "if weed isnt legal in the next 5 years i have completely lost faith in mankind" lol and its soooo true haha well good luck with it all man i hope it all works out for the best

11. Thanks for the wishes man. BTW Pineapple Express is sooo funny and educates you so much haha.

12. Dont worry man, cannabis is one of the safest substances on earth, and as long as you know to stay away from drugs and people who just do stupid shit and to put their lives/health at risk, you will grow up to be a respectable, soulful person.
    fuck alcohol as well, its terrible that is is socially acceptable to be an alcoholic, where you hold a physical dependancy on the drug, but not to relax and become a peaceful person while at the same time medication your mind and body. imagine how many people die of just car accidenst involving alcohol? i wont get into the rest but theres so much more to it
    Stay up OP.

13. btw I know that i ever feel quilty or anything like that that could be negative about weed, i just sit back and watch The Union on google video. If you have not seen it I highly(no un intended) reccomend you do. It makes you feel better about yourself as a whole, at least IMO.

all you can do try and better society is to use your best efforts to educate everyone around you. do your research and spread the word!

14. A lot of people use Marijauana to self medicate, it's much more responsible and natural to do so than taking any sort of pills or western medicine. I don't view Herb as a drug, it's only labeled as such because of the harsh criticisms that government bodies have put on it in the last few hundred years. It's grown naturally, used naturally, it's not cut with anything unless you're in a terrible neighborhood. Hell; you're better off smoking herb than you are drinking on a regular basis, and that's the truth.

Happy toking.

15. i agree with Junglism. I label everything as a drug because of the social stigma others put on cannabis, i see someone using sugar, caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, or even OTC pills such as Tylenol/Advil/Motrin,ect... i see DRUGS! bad life destroying drugs that I am oh so glad i never got into. To be completly honest with you OP, cannabis is my only medicine, and I pray that it stays that way.

16. Those are all great points.. the OP should really take heed of them. I couldn't have said any of that any better than myself.. these are all feelings I have regarding bud and it's perception by non-users. :hello:

17. Stop being a pussy, and enjoy the herb. Simple as that.

18. The Union

Show your parents this, when you're ready.

:smoke:

19. I don't understand why parents think alcohol is safer than weed, alcohol does way more damage to the body than weed. Knowledge is power.

20. Thanks boys. Yes I have seen the union and it's an awesome and intelligent film. And whoever called me a pussy, I don't really think I'm being one.