Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Feeling guilty about pot? COME INSIDE

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by stonero, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Hey guys, lately I have been smoking pot everyday, mostly 2 or 3 times a day. By lately I mean the whole the summer. All seems well, except for the guilt, and the tolerance. My Family is EXTREMELY against the use of marijuana and have shoved their views in my face. Now since I still live at home I cannot smoke freely, I always need to lie to get out to smoke some bud, for ex. telling them I'm going to a buddy's house or some shit. I havn't been caught for a few months now and my parents trust me very much now, which actually makes it worse. They ALWAYS tell me how proud they are of me and stuff like that, and because of that I have started to develop a conscience towards it.

Although this conscience is a little tricky. I seem to never learn(lol) from my mistakes, my rents even told me they would throw me outta the house if I didn't stop. Now back to the guilt part, it's tricky because I don't always feel the same way. If I felt guilty about something right before or while I was doing it, I know I wouldn't do it, but the thing is I rarely feel guilty about it in the day time, and when I head to sleep I seem to develop some guilt, sometime leading to me not sleeping.

So, here is where our beloved GC members can help.

-How can I feel the same guilt throughout the day rather then partially?(I know weird question)

-If I quit, what is the best way to help me quit? I seem to always end up smoking everyday, There has been one day where I havn't smoked, and that was because I promised myself I wouldn't.

-If I don't quit and just take a tolerance break, what should I do to distract me from pot for the timeframe in which I am taking the sebaticle for?

-What do you think about my guilt? What do you think I should do?

THANKYOU whoever read it, I know it's long, but I'm in need, and I can only depend on my awesome GC members:).

2. i think you should talk to your parents about it if you arent going to quit .. walk up to them and be like .. mom .. dad ... i smoke marijuanna !!!:D i love to smoke marijuanna ..... as a matter of fact .. i am going to go smoke some right now ...:D:smoking:

naww but tell em the facts and all that and talk to them

3. My parents are British..

4. I don't know. You can stop smoking, its really not that hard man its just a mental thing, if you take a tolerance break, just find something that you like to do, like a hobby to keep you busy and you should be fine. As for your guilt, I feel it sometimes, but in the end I know that when I smoke I'm more at peace, and the majority of my friends don't judge me/they have done it before also, so I'm content. I wish you well man.

5. Dude do not beat yourself up for smokin man but if its compulsive then you really shud do something about it.The herbs about love and peace if it makes you feel guilty at whatever time you shud take a break or at least cut down big time.You say you smoke 2-3 times a day dats cool as long as you do it cause you enjoy it and really have fun,but u said u feel guilty about ur rents and they are emotional about well sounds like you really care 4 ur rents so do sumthing 4 em man chill out on the smokin scenes and well be REALLY REALLY careful.
    But the more you smoke and more often you smoke well laws of probability gotta kick in sum time right especially when its ur rents they proly will catch u sumtime later so either educate em or cut back.
    USE IT DON"T ABUSE IT!!!!!!!!!!

6. Wow, I am in the exact same position as you. I mean, pretty much the exact same.

I havent been caught for a month now and my dad says he is proud of me, but I have smoked every day since the day I got caught. :(

But man, I just do waht I do and not worry about it until I get caught again, (hopefully not)..

:)

7. ...did you have a life before smoking pot? Do anything you'd normally do. About the guilt... I don't feel the same way because I know my parents don't see it the same way I do. I've researched it plenty and know the pros and cons, but my parents would probably think I'm a hopeless drug addict... which is why it's better that they don't know, and I'm fine with that.

8. Thanks guys I appreciate the insightful replies:).

I dont feel guilty often it's just lately they have been so proud of me,a nd if they really knew what I was up to, it would break their heart. It's true, I REALLY care for my parents and family, we have ALWAYS been a close family that loves eachother.

It's also kind of hard for them to accept pot because I am the typical "black sheep" in the 4 sheep that came from my Mother. No other child got into any of this at my age, they are all older then me and more successful, so it is very different for them to have to deal with what I do.

I have tried talking to them about it, they have an opinion, and I can't change it, no matter how many facts and truths I tell them. I guess they just thought I was trying to justify it, and not educate them on it..:(

9. I'm in the exact same position as you. Exactly. My siblings never got into any of this either, so it's hard being the only one with this kind of lifestyle. If you're the youngest, you're parents are probably too used to the fact that your siblings were a "good child", and that you probably are too. My advice would be to lay low on any conversation involving pot, and do not get caught.

When you come home high to a house full of family, simply believe that you are one of them, only you think the living rooms moving and you have a funny feeling in your body :D.

Master the art of acting sober without losing your high
    Don't get too cocky about being able to go home high (i.e. dont reek of reefer)
    As far as your guilty consciense goes, just remember that you are you. Don't think about how you just smoked a bowl and lied. Make yourself believe that you never did it, and for some reason the kitchens swirling.

Dunno...too baked. Stay strong

10. its not like your snorting coke or shooting heroin

11. Theres no need to feel guilty. My dad has completely right-wing views but i am pretty leftist. I don't feel guilty. He'd kill me if he knew i smoked but i don't feel guilty. Other peoples opinions don't affect you. They can think what they want but as long as you stay a responsible smoker and stay a law abiding citizen (to a degree), then there is nothing to feel guilty about. I smoke a little weed and you smoke a little weed and we are no different from any one else except we enjoy cannabis. As long as you are a good person then it doesn't matter if you smoke.

12. I know how they feel, but maybe go on the internet, read books, and prove to them you know what impact it will have on you and how you will deal with it, make them think you know what you are doing and maybe that will help?

Fuck hope its good cuz im baked as hell helpin another brotha out

13. im getting that you feel bad cuz youre lying to your parents. if thats the case, dont lie. that doesnt mean you have to tell them the truth. you probably have some place that you like to hang out. just tell your parents youre going there. go there and leave, hence, you truthfully have gone there. use loopholes, theyll get you out of anything.

on another note, you are partially proving that they have some merit in their views since it seems that youre letting this get outta hand. i suggest you take a break for a couple of weeks to get a grip on your smoking and then ease back into it.

no matter what you do, you must keep your smoking habits in check. take a break

14. exactly

15. i, too, find myself in a similar situation. i'm just content with knowing that once school starts again, i won't have as much free time, so i think i'll smoke less often.
    although smoking often doesn't accomplish much, it feels so good.

16. Don't feel bad about it man.

If you do get caught, it just shows that they can be proud of you- and you can do good and all that crap, but continue smoking reefer.

It's no big deal... too bad your parents cant see it that way too.

and if you have to quit(you wont, you just take breaks.) just go cold-turkey. Your not going to get withdrawls or anything, just control your cravings with a cigarette or something.

17. Why do you people ALWAYS have to hate on the COKE?!

18. i say pick up a guitar and play or learn how to play, your style will represent your personality

19. every once and a while i feel a TINY bit guilty, but at the end of the day, my parents beliefs and views are different than mine, i dont do it around them, i dont do it in the house, and fuck, i dont usually even bring it in the house. i'm responsible about it and dont let it interfere with important stuff, i'm old enough to make my own choices and decisions and accept responsibility for my actions, so really i dont let it bother me much

20. umm why would u ever talk to ur parents about pot. its a drug. drugs are bad. theyre not going to change. i live with my parents and they think i smoke but i deny it to my death. matter of fac ti change the subject. even if i could convince my parents that pot was ok to smoke id feel weird and gay. id feel like some kind of hippie poser or something. why would i want my parents to think im some kind of rebel smartass? dude...dont talk to ur parents about it trust me. do u really wanna have those "family chats" and get all mushy and gay about it? do u really wanna F with ur high like that? No dude....smoke at night when they are asleep, smoke when theyre not around, deny that u get high...iono man i think thats a hell of a lot cooler than acting like a smartass. Iono bout u but I am trying to get my own place so I can get away from those family chats and I can smoke in private without anyone family related knowing about it. Take my advice dude trust me. peace and happy blunting