Feeling down or stressed? this helps!!

Discussion in 'General' started by DntWorryBeHappy, Nov 29, 2011.

1. #1 DntWorryBeHappy, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
    PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS, you will be motivated.
    If you are feeling down, stressed, unmotivated or just blank..doing this might help you.
    I've been doing this for a few weeks now and i feel fucking good. All you need for it is discipline and positivity.

Meditate
    Try to meditate everyday for atleast 15 min. This is for relaxation and to relief stress, and just to clear your mind. Try playing some chillout music to get in the right state of mind. You don't have to focus on getting to a super meditative state, just chill out and stop thinking so much. Stress is killer and horrible for your body.

Music
    What i do is i make a playlist of all my favorite/inspiring/uplifting songs. Try playing positive music with a positive message. Turn your music up a little louder then u normally do, who gives a fuck right? It's good to listen music everyday as it is something that can inspire you and put you in a good mood.
    For me reggae always makes me feel good, but that different for everyone. If you want to end up in a good mood i would suggest to avoid black/death metal tho, haha:D.

Positive thoughts
    Personally i believe positive thoughts create a happier life. Think about the good things you have, count your blessings. 'Eventually negativity don't last' You're gonna die one day so might aswell enjoy what you have right now. 'If your not happy now, you won't be happy then b/c now is all there ever is'

I like the way some musician said it: 'whenever a negative thought pops up in my head, i put it in the bottom drawer. I open up the top drawer were i keep all my happy thoughts and my head explodes into happy thoughts.

Exercise
    It has been proven exercise releases endorphins that reduce stress and make you feel good and satisfied.

Eating healthy
    Try eating healthy, loads of vegetables. Drink alot of water and eat fruit. Ever wonder why after eating 5 big macs you usually feel like shit? Or after munching your whole fridge. Vegetables are good for your body and they don't taste that bad, just pick the ones you like most. Take vitamins.

Change something up
    This is probaly the most important thing. If you feel like your stuck, take some time off from work or w/e to get things sorted out. It's so easy to get stuck in a daze.

Like Joe Rogan says, many people are living boring lives with their predetermined schedules of behavior. If you're not having fun atleast once a day, you're not living...you're just existing. Remember that it's ok to take some time off to chill out and do things you enjoy doing. What is the point of being alive if you don't enjoy your days?

'In the end, what really matters, is the good times you've had, not the amount of money you've made'
    A giant meteor could hit this planet tommorow and wipe everything out. Wouldn't you want your last day to be fun? 'Life is a journey, enjoy it while you're here, tommorow's never guaranteed' Try living for today. Stop thinking tommorow will be better. It's always now.

Many people get so damn stressed about stupid little things, if the thing you're stressed about isn't going to kill you or greatly impact your life, why the hell are you stressing out about it?

The most imporatant thing in life is finding what you love, and doing what you love. The sky is the limit. You only get one life might aswell do the thing you love most. Even if it seems impossible, if someone else has done it, you can do it. 'Find what you love thats all you gotta do, everything else is just fooling yourself'

Comedy

Stand up comedy, a comedy movie, funny videos on youtube..whatever. Laughing is very good and decreases stress.

And remember: 'No matter the amount of negativity you're presented with, 5 minutes from now could be your best moment'

The hardest part of all this is actually having the discipline to do this everday, it won't work right away, but after a week you will feel ALOT better. i promise ;)

Hope i helped someone.

2. What's some good reggae I like bob marley and laid blak you know any good bands? And thanks for this thread lifes just down right now. :(

3. hey, thanks for reply dude

try Jimmy Cliff, Ziggy Marley, Tribal Seeds, Eek-A-Mouse, Inner Circle, Half Pint etc.

And reggae influenced bands like Slightly Stoopid, Natural Inscense, SOJA, Rebelution, The Expendables, Mystic Roots, Clear Conscience are awesome