Feeling ambivolent about whether to get a vape or not

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by nb8475, Oct 16, 2011.

1. I want to get a vape for the health benefits but I've heard the high isn't as good from many people including my friend. I also have the option to get a new MFLB or a used no2 Vapir.

2. why not if you have the money?

3. Its a very subjective thing, some people (myself included) greatly prefer the vape high, especially for a daily toke, others dislike it. It can't really be called "better" or "worse", its just different. The best thing you can do is try it out for a while before making up your mind if you have that option. Many people who dislike it tried it with a pretty bad vape, generally not set up properly, or a vape like the MFLB and didn't know how to use it.
    When/if you do get one and are trying it out I would take about a week or so and stick to vaping, rather than smoking and vaping. Since the high is different its easier to adjust to the different feeling if you just vape for awhile, and once you get used to it you'll be able to appreciate the differences more. Most people find that they don't feel as high from vaping when they smoked the day before, mostly because its a "clearer" high, but once you get used to that high you'll realize you are just as high, its just a different effect.

Of those two options I would go with the MFLB, but when you get it read a few threads and watch a few videos on the technique involved. Things like how well you grind your bud, how dry it is, how often you mix the bowl, and how hot you let the box get can make make a huge different in how well it works. At best I can get great hits off the mflb, and enjoy it a lot, but when you don't use it right you can burn the bud, or it may not vape at all if you hit too fast because the bud won't heat up enough...either way its not a good experience. Take the time to learn the technique and it will treat you well.