Feelin like shit gc.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by smoke or die, May 22, 2012.

1. Supposed to be graduating next week. Took my algebra 2 exam today which basicly determines if i graduate or not because i failed it last quarter so i need a 64 to pass the semester. Well i studied my ass off. Even got a tutor to help me and i still bombed that shit. Probably gona have to take the fucking class online now... Then as i was leaving pissed as fuck that i probably failed i forgot i was supposed to go to a detention for being late for a class last week. So who knows what theyll do about that since theres no time to make it up. I know it isnt the end of the world but i feel like a stoner who cant even graduate from high school. Shit sucks.

2. I know it doesn't feel like it, but normally when you get that feeling that you've done shit, you've actually done pretty well. Especially when you've actually studied shit loads. I'd put it down to after-exam nerves :D

Well, this is how it normally is with me, anyway.

3. Like i literally had no clue on a lot. Half the questions werent even on the damn exam review....

4. [quote name='"smoke or die"']

Like i literally had no clue on a lot. Half the questions werent even on the damn exam review....[/quote]

You sure you weren't in my College Trig class? lol

5. Im basicly at the mercy of this teacher now lol... Shes the chillest teacher iv'e ever met so who knows... She is aware this is the only class that might keep me from graduating if i failed it this quarters... I cant see her stopping me from graduating.

6. But missing this detention is worring me... Its normally 2 days suspension for missing a detention.... We dont have 2 days left tho so idk what they will do.. Like my school is dumb as fuck they stopped 10 kids from graduating because they pulled a senior prank... Not even that bad of a prank either.

7. cant imagine that class. IDK how people pass any algebra/advanced math class with cheating or whatever. IDK how i possibly could have studied any harder lol

8. [quote name='"smoke or die"']But missing this detention is worring me... Its normally 2 days suspension for missing a detention.... We dont have 2 days left tho so idk what they will do.. Like my school is dumb as fuck they stopped 10 kids from graduating because they pulled a senior prank... Not even that bad of a prank either.[/quote]

Wait, two days suspension?? That sounds more like an award then a punishment. Do you go to a catholic private school or somethin? That just doesn't sound right to me.

I skipped out on a bunch of classes the last week of my senior year and they didn't do a thang. Why would they? I already went to their shit school for so many years

9. Teachers are given a retarded amount of freedom to manipulate grades, it really is impossible to fail any type of school if you're at least being a responsible person. I know at least here in Canada they only have to count work that shows your consist ant effort, which means you can have straight 80s, fuck around one test and fail, and if you're nice enough with the teacher they can choose to exclude the failure as it is not representative of your consistent effort and make it not count against you, leaving you with an 80 average. I really hope you end up passing man, it would really have to suck to do something for the third time.

10. You wouldnt happen to go to southeast raleigh highschool would you? And I feel your pain, alg 2 was a bitch

11. #11 puffpuffpass714, May 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2012

when studying, notice the common traits between similar questions, and not the actual question in its self. if that makes sense. If you get 25 problems on a algebra course related to geometry or angles etc. know that they will be on the text so study the whole process not just how you acheive the desired angle. where as if theyre only 3 questions on the whole prac test related to geometry, you can focus on the other aspects a little more.

also it sounds like common sense but this technique works really well. reviewing the material 15 minuites after the lecture apposed to 2 weeks after really cements in the information. also try excercizing before studying, there have actually been studies showing that people retain more informantion during a lecture after they experienced a physical excercize. Its like how you stretch before you run, you gotta work your brain out a little to be able to acheive the desired level of intelligence.

also if your a stoner which im assuming you are... if you seem to only study when your sober or only when you high. switch it up, its proven that you retain info better when you take the test in the same mind set you were in while studying. sense your mindset can change from simply being stressed, annoyed etc. try studying high one day, sober the next, tv blasting the next, complete silence the next, a little white noise the next, maybe even drunk the next. I AM IN NO WAY TELLING YOU TO GET DRUNK TO STUDY, BUT STUDYING IN ALL MIND SETS ALLOWS YOU TO BE A BETTER SITUTATION TEST TIME, BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW THE MIND SET YOULL HAVE.

i do that alot of the last part during my study seshs. ill go half hour complete silence, next hour listening to music, the next hour with friends in the room, etc. notice how it affects your focus levels and strive to reach a moderate level for all situations. It could be that you just space when i comes time to the test because your nervous etc. but if you study in a nervous environment, the info will transfer much easier.

AND FOR ALGEBRA THE ONLY THINGS THAT REALLY GO ME WERE THE ALGEBRA RULES ETC. LIKE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A RADICAL IS UNDER THE DENOM. ETC. im spacing on a good example but im sure you understand. like on the sat where they had a bunch of algebraic equations you had to solve simply by the algebraic rules. ( no numbers find x type of thing)

12. you said you got a tutor, but did you try staying after with your PROFFESSOR? alot of teachers will offer office hours etc, where they invite student to get extra help. alot of the time this is so helpful, becuase as the professor they know exactly what will be on the tests, so they try and push those points across the clearest. take notes on the areas your teacher places a significant focus on; these will be on the test.

cliffnotes:

tutors are a great idea in addition to extra help by prof. but it is NO subsitute for meeting with a teacher. ( i once got a tutor simply because of the relationship i had with my proffesor; really poor. it resulted in a C in the course because of my test grades) just a little help

also the work may seem overwhelming at times, but there will be that single moment where everything "clicks" its really weird. like youll be watching a show and theyll say (something that allows you to grasp the material. ( not saying to watch more tv, just know YOU WILL understand at one point) my old physics prof told me this as a story: he was bsaically an olypic swimmer, the guy would win states, regionals, etc. and it was hhis freshman year at college, failing out of his physics course he went for extra help, it did not help because he was so lost. then during a swimming practice his coach gave him advice on lowering his resistance by doing a different stroke, and this allowed him to understand the topic of the class. DONT ASK HOW LOL. everyone works differently.

it was einstein or someone who would purposely NOT focus on the subect he was trying to learn, in order to reach that epiphany.

13. yes well, you can miss 1 detention a quarter and get something called an "extra school" where you stay after school 3 hours on wednesday and work around the school pulling weeds picking up trash etc. the net detention you miss is 2 days in school suspension. Public school.