Feel like i'm missing something in life

Discussion in 'General' started by ChiefBuddha, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Every time i'm out with my friends I always feel empty, bored, unentertained, etc. These people have been my friends my whole life and we've always had good times but just this last year everythings different. It doesn't matter if we're doing something fun or not, i just wanna be alone. Then when i'm alone i'm just lonely. I need a woman in my life but my last one just broke me pretty bad :/ idk this thread doesn't really have a point just getting my thoughts off my chest i guess.

2. I feel like that a lot too unless I'm at a party or something. Oh well just keep goin and hopefully everything will fall in place.

3. For sure man. I'm graduating this year and i'm just excited to move onto the next chapter of my life. I try and enjoy the present moment the best I can but it just seems so empty and repetitive.

4. used to have the same problem. find something you love and have a passion for and get good at it.

5. Routine is killing it for ya maybe?
    but good that you're graduating next year, that should open up a few doors for you.
    just don't be afraid of change, even extreme change because sometimes that's what you need to be happy inside.

6. I felt this same way, then I went traveling for a year. Had the best time of my life and I certainly appreciate my true friends and home more then I ever did. Highly recommend trying it.

7. I was like this the last year actually. I drank too much though. This year I quit drinking (for the most part) and started smoking again. That made me feel a bit better, and so have other things that have recently happened in my life. It'll get better man, just live for now, and look ahead. It'll do you good.

8. Graduating?

Maybe you're just nervous about moving on to that different chapter. I'm in college, and I know graduating high school and leaving those people was pretty fucking difficult, nothing I miss more than that.

And the people I know in college are amazing too, graduating here and leaving this behind is something I don't even want to think about, and graduating college means the real world, which is horrifying.

Just gotta keep going dude, it'll all work itself out

9. Wow I'm in the exact same position / age. Except I don't have friends I've grown up with, they all moved so I just got a few close ones and a lot of friends/acquaintances I don't really care about. Hoping college will be better or I meet a girl who I want to have a relationship with.

10. when you really begin to focus on the moment, it wont be repetitive at all..;)

11. I agree, I play guitar and have a passion for it but I just feel like that's not enough to fill the empty spaces, you know?

I definitely think it is. I rarely even look forward to going out anymore cause I know it's just gonna be a bummer and i'm gonna wanna go home :/ a shame i've come to view it that way. But for sure man, personally I am scared of big changes. But I know that's what I gotta do so i'm looking forward to going out there and making my life what I choose it to be.

This is exactly what I have planned!! I'm currently working and saving money to travel when I graduate. I'll probably go with this girl i've been friends with/hook up buddies for a long time with. I wanna get those bus passes in europe and travel to every country for a few months. That's awesome you did that. I really want to experience the world and other ways of life.

I mean i'm nervous to move on to the next chapter, but i don't think that's whats making me feel like I do right now. I'm more anxious about moving on to the next chapter. I'm really excited to see what the world and my life has in store for me, it's just i feel stuck right now.

This is true, I try to live in the moment and practice ways Ecktart Tolle talks about in his books best I can. But i'm only human, so i'll keep on trying :)

12. If traveling is your plan, heres what I reccomend;

Australia (No language barriers, tons of other backpackers, wicked country, tons of jobs and a good dollar)

Go by yourself (You need to get away to find out who you are, do this for yourself. Trust me its the best thing you can do for figuring out who you are)

Fuck saving money if you cant (Dont let a few bucks stop you. Buy your ticket asap, get your working holiday visa, and if you dont have cash to float look for a job as soon as you get there. I've met more then a few people that went with 500 bucks in thier pocket and are still having the time of thier lives.)

13. Well that's not so bad since you know why you feel that way, and yeah it sucks when you know the future :D I know what you mean that's why I said let changes happen and don't fight it, actually make the change yourself. but hey looks like you already know what to do :smoke:

14. That's nice! but I wouldn't recommend Australia if you wanna toke there regularly lol not so lenient there, at all. :\

How about across the country driving your own car? maybe with someone special? or a buddy? I dunno but I always wanted to do that.

15. Thats awesome man, I'm definitely considering that now. My brother in law is actually from Australia so I have connections of places to stay in case I go broke. And I can agree with going by yourself... I've just never been completely on my own before so it'd be a big contrast but like you said I could really figure out who I am and do some soul searchin while I'm out traveling alone.

Wise words man, Thanks a lot :) Just gotta keep on keepin on with a positive outlook on the present and workin towards the future :smoke:

16. https://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=utf-...gl=ca&ei=zfe6UM-GDO_viQK5y4DACw&ved=0CKYBELYD

and the sunny coast. All a stoner needs to be truly happy in life.

17. I don't mind not tokin' while I'm out and about. I don't smoke nearly as much as I used to and I wouldn't mind doin' it sober for the most part, maybe smoking a few bowls at some beautiful waterfalls would be mind blowing :D

And driving cross country too would be cool, but i feel like i wouldn't get the complete culture shock i'm looking for when i travel to other countries

18. I hear ya. Not an extreme culture shock here but I did experience culture shock travelling the states, mostly subtle thing but they are there.
    If you can afford it, I second Europe though, toking in the Riviera and in an Amsterdam cafe is a dream :D

19. From my experience laws were a joke. Getting busted smoking weed resulted in a "Drug rehab Class" which was 6 hours of basically teaching you how to smoke pot healthily. I used to have the pamphlet from when my buddy went which was funny as fuck. Any time I got buted a simple, oh I didnt know this was illegal here sufficed.