feel like im clueless

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by heezynow, Dec 18, 2019.

1. #1 heezynow, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    im failing badly at indoor,i have spent a lot of money and my biggest problem is hydrogen sulfide i think. my soil holds to much moisture, there is no good way to water without smelling rotten eggs. plants are dworfs, loosing leaves and not growing. ph is good. im getting dick knatts and im bout to scream . anyone have any advice for me. im using an organic soil from lowes , it doesnt have any time release in it. LED 1400watt red spectrum. i didnt wanna buy beans and waste my money so this 1st round i just popped some reggie seeds.

2. Try growing in cocoperlite would be my suggestion.

Good luck

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. What soil mix are you using? Did you mix it yourself, or are you using a bag mix? Personally, I'd recommend mixing a fresh batch of soil using the recipe in the No-till: Revisited thread. That recipe has served lots of folks who strive to grow clean, organic cannabis. I'd recycle the old soil and transplant my plants into the fresh batch of soil. Get a soil test of the old soil, review how it has been amended, and make adjustments so it is more balanced for cannabis. Just my 2¢

4. thanks, i think the soil i bought has to much stuff braking down in it , i checked my run off and it was ph8.5. should i flush them ? i mean they are budding so will that hurt them even more?

5. Thanks for editing the OP to add detail. If they're flowering, I wouldn't transplant them because of the stress that that add. If they were in veg, new, properly mixed and amended soil and some Recharge or similar would probably make a difference.

Flushing just pushes accumulated salts out of the soil, but if it's organic soil, salt buildup shouldn't be the problem. Your soil's pH is too high if your runoff is coming out over 8. It sounds like this soil mix is not good for cannabis. Consider checking out this article or similar and using one of the methods to lower your soil pH.

In regards to aeration, if your plants are flowering, you can't really add aeration to the mix. Maybe purchase some pumice or your preferred aeration and gently scratch it into the top of your soil.

For future grows, if you intend to purchase pre-mixed soil (which most organic gardeners wouldn't recommend because it's overpriced and usually has poor quality ingredients), get a soil mix specifically for tomatoes, and then amend it further yourself. Always look at the ingredients on the bags and amend abiding by the ratios stated in the No-till: Revisited thread.

What are 'dick knatts'? That sounds like a terrible affliction.

6. you know, they look like dog peter flies, fruit flies or something lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. im new here and having a problem finding the no -till thread

8. No-Till Gardening: Revisited. Lot's of content in that thread, but the main recipe is on the first page. Throughout the thread, people provide their insights and experience. Use the 'Search this thread only' advanced feature within the search menu to find what you want quickly. I'd also recommend using the Bookmark feature of this site (not your browser) because it makes it way easier to find specific comments. The tags are helpful to keep bookmarks organized. The whole Organics forum is a great resource, and I recommend checking out the Stickied threads.
    lol Fungus gnats? If you were in veg, I'd recommend buying unrefined, cold-pressed neem oil or karanja oil off amazon, and mixing them with a surfactant so you can foliar spray them. They kill all bugs, and those oils are totally organic. Don't spray them on flowers though. In flower, I recommend predatory bugs. I like Hypoaspis and Nemasys Steinernema Feltiae, but you may find other predatory bugs to be more effective for your specific pest. Evergreen Growers Supply is a great resource for buy predatory bugs, but you may have to find a different supplier depending on your location.

While you're searching the No-till: Revisited thread, I'd recommend searching 'IPM' or integrated pest management. It's possible to implement a fairly low maintenance, multi-pronged approach to controlling your pest population.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Your plant is beginning to go into nutrient lockout if runoff pH is 8.5. flush with properly pH adjusted water. Always pH before you water

• Like Like x 1
  10. #1 rule. Your medium... you get what you pay for. I exclusively use FF. I mean it's fairly stable. Especially happy frog. Dont skimp on your soil. Yes good soil is expensive. And you should gladly pay it because it matters.

• Like Like x 1