Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

feel like a stranger in indianapolis

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by hattiecat!, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Hello everyone,

I am new to these boards, new to Indianapolis, but not new to the joys of smoking weed. I am from Pittsburgh PA (great town, great stoners) but I recently moved to southern Indianapolis to take a job teaching at a local college. I have run through my stash from home, and have been looking to score (at least for new years, man). But, I don't know anyone, and the few people I have asked in bars in the city look at me as if I have three heads. OK, I am not a kid anymore - 37 yrs, female, speech professor - and so maybe I look like the police? Yet, I have been smoking daily for about 15 years now. That is, up until yesterday. Is this town really as dry as it seems? Can anyone here recommend someplace I could go scout - a bar, a park, etc? I am in a panic today, but know it is mental. Yet, I still am looking .... those who know and love Indy - can you help? (And I am looking for anything at this point, absolutely anything with thc)!!! Thanks in advance for anything you can tell me about Indianapolis ...

2. You can't ask for hookups on GrassCity.

Sorry.

3. Oh, I'm not asking for a hook-up. I am asking if there are cool places to go.

4. Don't be an ass. Negative rep.

5. I know its been said in many other threads, and I dont know how reliable it is (as my area was vaguely represented...) but try webehigh.com

6. QFT and pleaseeeee let us know if you find a place, i think i'm going to school in indy next year.

7. I don't see how you CAN'T find it, it's all over Indianapolis..Broadripple's a good place to check (northern part of Indy), though.

8. #8 hattiecat!, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2008
    Thanks to the replies. (special thank you to old school grower, for being kind). I am thinking of going to broadripple - recommended here once and also on the webehigh site (purpl - thanks to you). I think my problem likely comes from having no connections - people seem very suspicious in parts of the city I have looked, but I think that is due to the harsh laws and it is hard to blame anyone. Then again, i was in the greenwood area, not broadripple. Any deadhead bars? I will report back... still looking for suggestions, tho.

9. Honestly, if you're teaching at a college...ask a student. I know if a professor asked me where to score green on campus I'd help him/her out for sure.

10. what this one said

and be sure to go easy on their grades too

11. Haha yea definitely. But really though I've had some very uptight professors, so I'd be absolutely delighted to talk to one who was open minded enough to enjoy weed. I would help them pick up no questions asked, and even offer to smoke them up in the interim. Cool professors for the win!

12. Thats also risking her job where shes teaching at im sure she doesn't want to lose that but I geuss if you find a trust worthy one you could do it.

13. Thanks for your perspective, guys! I know that most profs are very uptight; and I teach at a small uptight school, too (only about 2000 students, located in cornfields, too). I think that all the years in grad school makes people bitter, but I picked something I was good at (communication) and I can be who I am without punching a clock. Hard to know, but I think I have an ok reputation so far with the students as laid-back, reasonable, etc. so maybe I will brave it. I have a student or two who I think is cool, but I am kinda waiting for them to graduate in may before bringing it up :)

But, maybe you guys are right ... maybe I should just give it a try. Thanks again to everyone :)

14. Yes, this is the downside, and why I haven't done it quite yet. At my last job, I did ask someone who graduated, and he was absolutely cool. Then, he got married, and his wife didn't like him getting dope for his old professor, so that was that. Anyway, I am already a bit of a misfit among the faculty where I am (everyone thinks they are pretty damn great, as far as I can tell), and I really don't want to risk my job. That being said, I guess doing it at all is a risk.... I just think the world is a pretty messed up place when you have to go through all this hassle to partake in mother nature's bounty.

15. Totally up to you, I'm not going to lie and say its not a risk...But I can say with confidence that not one of my smoker-friends would react to a professor asking for help finding bud by running to his or her superiors and snitching.