Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Feel cutoff in public

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Kerry333, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Ok so i smoked pretty regurally by my self at my house for about a year and a half in highschool and now that im in college i just started smoking again, mostly with my roomate at the house but recently weve been going out everyonce in a while with some friends...

I dont know how to describe it but when im high in public i feel very cut off from whats going on around me. Like i can hear and talk to anybody in my group just fine. But if a random person says somehthing to me i dont even realize they are talking to me or dont understand what they are saying(i hear words but cant deciepher them). especially if they are not right infront of me.

We were in a hookah bar the other day and theres this table of good looking girls a few tables down from us. At one point during the night i get up to get a drink and walk by this table and apperently they tried to get my attention/ talk to me and i walked right by. Didnt even realize they were talking to me. When i get back to my table my buddy is like "wtf, didnt why didnt you stop and talk to those girls". i was oblivious

Now im used to being high but never  in public/ around other people untill recently so mabye that has something to do with it. Im also pretty shy untill i get to know someone so that probably doesnt help. Most people say weed makes them outgoing and  i feel just the oppisite. Does anyone else feel this way?

Now i like girls... alot.

So obviously id very much like to overcome this

2. yes.. thats exactly me haha. or even if its people that my friend is friends with but i dont know a lot about them and have only seem them a couple times i get very quiet and just awkward and dont know what to do.

🌞

3. start a conversation, just by asking a simple question like: "So, what do you do for a living"?
    the other part will begin to ask too and there begins a conversation

4. Weed won't do that ... Consult your doctor/therapist.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I know what you mean. There's nothing wrong with you. Like you said your not really used to being out around a lot of ppl while high. It happens from time to time to me as well. I think it happens cause your just so focused on trying to keep a cool head that you focus only on getting from A to B. Once you get a little more comfortable in public you should be fine

6. I also like girls... a lot

7. definitely just have to get used to it and more comfortable in your own skin

8. Weed does give you interesting, sometimes weird, feelings. You're just not used to being high in public. Just like when you just start smoking weed - you always act louder, more reckless, have a harder time trying to hide your high, but when you've done it for awhile - it becomes easy to sober yourself up when needed, similar shit happens with a sudden environment change.

Honestly seems like a normal effect of weed to me, happens to me sometimes as well when I just feel like I'm living in my own world and enjoying the fuck out of the high.

9. #9 wellslamont, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
    This could be another take on it, from what others have told you, but it doesn't mean that it's right. Well I've always heard that weed brings emotions out more or intensifies them. For instance maybe you don't really enjoy going out that often and don't enjoy interacting with people, deep inside. Well weed would bring that out in you. It could make you realize what your "problem" is and thus help you deal with it. MJ has so many purposes that it's just amazing.

10. It was the social anxiety that prevented you from enjoying your high to the full extent. However, you can get rid of the anxiety by taking a GABA pill, or smoking an Indica strain; there's plenty of more remedies, but these are the two major antidotes for diminishing your anxiety.

11. #11 Gesneuveld, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
    everyone likes girls... a lot

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

12. I'm not one of those people that get all paranoid when they're high, thinking someone is going to know they've been smoking because they smell like smoke or have red eyes or something like that. In-fact, i would buy pot smelling cologne if i knew a store that sold it and i would wear it to school every day. But when i'm high, everything i say ends up turning into a one word sentence and it annoys me a lot (probably more than it does to the people trying to have a conversation with me). I guess it's just normal.

13. Man don't suggest him to take benzos just because he's anxious when high. Shit, I can't go out in public when I'm high, I get real self-conscious and have trouble talking/don't make sense. That's why alcohol exists.

14. Heck yea! Rohypnol FTW!!!