Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Feel better the less sleep you get???

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by goodolddays, Jul 25, 2010.

1. #1 goodolddays, Jul 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2010
    Hey, I've noticed something weird about my body. If I stay up all night and don't sleep for 1 day, then I feel really good and energized the next day and I'm in a really good mood?? Given that I sleep in till 1 or 3pm (yeah I know, I'm unemployed right now.)
    But if I do go to bed, I feel tired for the rest of the day, which pretty much sucks.
    Maybe it's just my shitty sleep cycle, but does anyone else have similar experiences of this?
    Not only that, I also feel smarter and not as slow as usual.

2. If I get like 3 hours of sleep I feel the best when I wake up.. If you sleep longer your in a deeper state of sleep when you wake up (if you wake up by a alarm) and if you only get 3 hours you won't be in a deep of a state of sleep but you will still have some rest.

3. Thats true. Sometimes I believe endorphins release in the body to keep you awake? Can someone correct me if im wrong?

4. I haven't slept yet gonig to an old friends until 4 to moke afew L's then probably gonig to bed after the Sox game @ like 7

Slee33p is good

5. Boooooo go cubs. (They both suck) :cool:

6. A's murdered the sox yesterday. Thats whatsup.
    But yeah man It seems like if I get a really low amount of sleep during the night, and take a nap in the afternoon, I feel at my best. Its real weird. It probably isnt healthy either but I hate being in a grumpy mood all day.

Another thing:
    More sleep = more tired
    Less sleep = less tired

7. Your thinking adrenial glandes

8. If you mean to say that you feel energized the next day when u dont get sleep, nah. but if i dont sleep for a night then the next night i will sleep really good and be energized.

9. I wonder if it also has to do with being a night person. Some people function better as night owls, some as early birds, and others in between. I'm sure most of it has to do with chemicals our bodies release, though.

10. the human sleep cycle is aproxamately 90 minutes long. Waking up in the middle of a cycle will leave you more groggy and tired rather than waking up at the end of a cycle.

For example.. 8 hours of sleep = 480 minutes.. but five sleep cycles is 450 minutes. That means that getting 7.5 hours of sleep is actually better than getting the "recommended" 8 hours of sleep.

Either that or your circadian rhythms are messed.

11. Yea I was just about to post this.
    nice!

12. same for me but the next day in a not a happy camper

13. I wish I had that kind of energy. I can sleep for three hours, go straight to work and bust my ass, but that's it for me. The rest of the day I am useless. That was exactly how today has gone for me. Amazing bluegrass show last night though :smoke:

14. Same thing happens to me, it actually happens to a lot of people. Lack of sleep seems to put the body in some "overcharge" mode that improves mood and increases energy, at least until you go to sleep or you've been up for >30 hours.

15. lol :hello:

16. I am 100% opposite of that.
    @biglemon - you bring up a good point. I am defiantly a night owl because I am really not myself until Nighttime comes. I am half asleep all day and during night time I'm completely awake. (its sucks to have to be on a schedule because of this too.)
    @illuminate - My sleep cycle is completely messed up. I have no structured sleep pattern. For me it's; (3-4am) Hey I feel tired now I should go to bed... and then morning comes for me at around 10am-1pm.
    Idk why my text is bold, sorry.:confused:

17. I've been doing the same thing. One night just pop like 3 tylenol pm at 10 (pm) and sleep the night away, then the next day you won't be able to stay awake till 4am. Worked for me.

18. Ive done that with some OTC sleeping aids and they do work, but I dont like doing them. Mostly because I'm usually up late at night doing things with friends so I don't get home or stop doing stuff till atleast 1. It's all a messup up schedule man.

19. hmm maybe try resetting your sleep schedule, try waking up early like 7 am and stay awake all day, you should be tired enough to sleep a few hours earlier than normal... maybe smoke a fat bowl and when your burning out, go to sleep :O

20. I mean, its tough to say exactly what chemicals in the brain keep us awake, but its mostly likely many, many different ones.