Feeding

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Maniaxx, Mar 21, 2018.

1. I’m going on a month and a half growing northern lights in fox farm ocean forest will upload pics soon but I was wondering what to feed them I haven’t fed them yet and I’m thinking it’s time to start feeding nutes to bulk up the buds anyone know what good products to use let me know thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Are you thinking your gunna go organic or salt based nutes

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Which ever is best

4. It’s a personal preference they both have pros n cons. I use general hydroponics 3 part plus liquid and dry boosters in flower. It’s cheap and simple

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. When I grew with ocean forest I only used tiger bloom and buddha bloom, had great results. Made sure to flush well the last 1-1.5 weeks also. 1000 watt light, fox farm ocean forest, single plant and got 8 ounces dry [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. I wish mines were looking like that and thanks for letting me know I will be buying those tomorrow where can I buy them from and what kinda light do you have and did you have a nute burn problem cause my plants have nute burn something serious I’m thinking it’s because my water isn’t ph I can’t check it so idk but hey man your grow looks awesome ima come to you for advice lol I need my plants like yours oh and another thing what lights do you have I use led mars 600 n 300 watt and what size pot do u use

7. Do u have a pic of ur plant? are you sure it’s nite burn?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Post pics of your plant and we can go from there. My tap water comes out at ph of 8.4 so I use earth juice ph crystals to lower it to 6.5-6.8. You NEED to get a ph tester so you can test your runoff, which is the water that comes out of the bottom of the pot. That's going to tell you what's going on in your soil. And also if it is nute burn, you'll need to plush with plain water (no nutrients) for a week, maybe more.

My vivosun ph tester cost 30$ on amazon, works fine

9. How did you use them I just ordered those things n they are here did you use at same time or what n how much were you feeding your plants I just got it in the mail today

10. Water only for the first few weeks, then started with half strength of whatever the bottles recommend. At flower I used full strength of what they recommend. I would always rotate- plain water, then fertilizer the next time. Repeating that process until plant has 1.5 -2 weeks left. Then flush with plain water from there out

11. Were you using both bottles at the same time though and you started feeding when the plants start flowering if I understand that right ?

12. Weeks 1-3, plain carbon filtered water (britta attached to sink)
    From there until flower I only used tiger bloom at 1/2 strength.
    Flipped to flower.
    Water to runoff with plain water.
    Start buddha bloom at full strength.
    Last 2 weeks of flower use plain water to flush out the built up ferts

By the way, I highly recommend ph'ing your water to 6.5-6.8 and only use natural ph up/down. The chemical ph down I was using before fucked with the fox farms soil, started causing leaf burn/etc.

13. Ok great thanks for the info I appreciate you and yeah I’m in flowering now and just got the tiger and Buddha so I’m just gonna use the Buddha until time to chop this grow is messed up but my next one will be wonderful your gonna be go to guy lol

14. Lol, no problem. Any questions just ask

15. Ok I have a question lol now my plants were already in the flower stage and I kno I’m starting the feed late so I’ll upload pics later in another thread be on the lookout but I was wondering how long did u have em on the feeding schedule n when did u start to flush