Feeding/Watering Coco

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by GroBox, Nov 28, 2012.

1. does aladdin slightly remind everyone of thewatcher?

im so glad to not see that dude around here anymore hahahaha

2. I wonder if all this nonsense has helped grobox figure out how to water/feed in coco haha

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah kinda, but he also reminds me of every other noob that has 3 posts and expects to be treated like the fucking king of kings.

4. #25 GroBox, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
    Really appreciate the replies, I definitely have a much clearer idea now. Seems like coco will solve much of my deficiency/burn problems I've been having in soil. Too much of a pain in the ass using a whole line of products, and watering is more guesstimated rather than dialed down (for me). Aladdin I appreciate the input, and can understand how it works for you. It's just a little too far from perfect for me, and while I know lots of people do more harm than good in the pursuit of perfection, I must try anyhow. The whole argument is pointless though, do not be so easily offended. SCMC helps a lot around here, and isn't the type that tries to berate people for things they say, rather correct them in maybe a seemingly arrogant manner sometimes. Don't take things to heart so much, we're all friends here, and we should feel comfortable to say something in any manner and still be understood. I know you're not always courteous to your friends, they don't take offense though.

Thanks again for the advice.

One more thing though. Using SuperThrive, should I be using 1 drop per gallon each watering or only weekly? And how soon should I start using it?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I dunno about arrogant...

More condescending really :smoke:

Oh the irony.

6. i have a qustion has anyone ever tried to clone with coco coir pellets???if so how much water are you suppose to give them??i asked beacuse i tried to clone with the pellets and yesterday the cutting started to look sad i think it has to do with the fact that i didnt water them oh and i took the cuttings 4 days ago everything was fine untill yesterday

7. #28 AladdinSane, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2012
    I've never cloned, but from what I've read the cloning medium is supposed to always be moist. I've also read that coco coir is excellent for cloning, but whenever I've seen people doing it they are using 4" or larger pots rather than pellets.

Perhaps you should try that?

8. #29 AladdinSane, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2012
    Of course. For me, it's all about simplicity and ease, since it's just one task among many rather than a hobby.

I appreciate your advice, however I know exactly what sort SCMC is. I've been "blogging" since Fidonet, and am very familiar with the type and the MO. Since my refusal to submit, he blew a gasket, directly bashed me, got his troll post deleted, switched his Avatar to a middle finger, and apparently bailed.

It was as inevitable as it is sorrowful and totally unecessary. A certain fraction of folks on the internet have projection issues, and always walk down the same path in the end. I was just a mirror in which his own demons reflected back to him, and consumed him.

9. i was think the same but i dont have no more coco i was thinking in putting them in plastic party cups with ff soil,the only reason why iused the pellets was beacuse the guy at my local hydro store suggested to me he convinced me when he said all i need was that pellet and water would make it expand which it did but he didnt tell me how to water them

10. You need to bottom feed them to A. Keep them moist and B. Create humidity in your dome. Only fill container a few ml deep and the pellet will wick up the water. Anything left over will be evaporated into the air, trapped in your dome and absorbed by the leaves. Should pick up in no time. If not try spraying it once a day.