Feeding Time! How much to add!?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by RookieGrow, Dec 4, 2011.

1. #1 RookieGrow, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2011
    So I am currently growing my first crop. I am using a 20 gallon bubble bucket, also a first for me. I am 5 weeks in (growing 4 plants in the same bucket) and so far so good. Plants look healthy and are growing at what seems like an exponential rate. When I feed them I typically add 1 gallon of water with the fertilizer concentrate mixed in.

Now my question... is do I add the proper amount of fertilizer for the 1 gallon I am adding (3 tsp) or do I add to enough fertilizer for the whole 20 gallons (60 tsp) to the 1 gallon I will pour into the bucket?

When I started the garden I mixed enough fertilizer for the whole 20 gallons (4 weeks ago) and I have fed them once 2 weeks ago with only 1 gallon of water at the proper concentration for 1 gallon. Before I feed them again I want to make sure I do this correctly.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks alot!

2. multiply the single amounn by maybe 2 but dont mix the amount you would for 4 individual plants and then just dump it all in, they might burn. At least untill you see how much they can handle then maybe increase it a little bit.

3. i would mix a does at 15 gallons every nute ur using pour into ur 20 gallons of water but pour as if ur rez was 15 gallons this way u wont burn em but it will be enough for solid growth....kinda confusing the way i typed but ull get it man good luck

4. [quote name='"Thevenusflytrap"']i would mix a does at 15 gallons every nute ur using pour into ur 20 gallons of water but pour as if ur rez was 15 gallons this way u wont burn em but it will be enough for solid growth....kinda confusing the way i typed but ull get it man good luck[/quote]

I think this would be safest. Gradually you can add nutes for up to the full 20 after you make sure the amount you added doesn't burn your babies

5. Thanks guys (and gals)!