Feeding snakes after smoking dank

Discussion in 'Pets' started by BASED IN SPACE, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Haha I got this brain freeze bud and smoked three grams of it then fed my two Burmese pythons. Got me really pumped and was really cool to watch and it was really cool to watch nature work.

Does anyone else have snakes?

2. I have a ball python, soon getting a red tailed boa. I honestly don't mind feeding it live, call me heartless, whatever. I smoked a bowl once and opened the box the mouse was in and before I dumped the mouse into the feeding enclosure, my snake struck it in the box. Tripped me the fuck out haha

3. Ive got a corn snake named Bam Bam. He's bout 2 feet long and super chill.

4. tell me more about this brainfreeze bud

5. I got 7 ball pythons, 3 corn snakes, 2 tree frogs, 4 different kinds of gecko. Pictus,gargoyle,flying,and crested. I love smoking then going in my reptile room, it'd like my own petstore.

6. Ohh cool haha I just got a gift card to bhb and don't no what to get!

7. Bhb is amazing. Plain and simple. It would be hard for me to decide to

8. Yeah I was thinking a nicaraguan boa or a letistic rat snake

9. I had somethiing like that too, fish too. anyything i could get, chameleons, iguanas, cool feeling :D

10. I had a Burmese Python for 23 or so years. From when it was about 24" long. What an amazing experience that was. I had a party once and when everyone was fucked up I noticed the snake was missing. I had a screened in back porch with a dead tree the snake loved to hang out on and watch the neighbor's cats so I thought someone must have left the door unlatched and he took advantage. I turned the house upside down looking for that snake and the guests, all good friends, went around the neighborhood looking for it. I was freaked. I could just imagine the front page headlines when this became known, and you know it would be headlines when a 18 foot python is on the loose. Anyway, after a couple of hours I finally found it in a box in the basement under the sleeping bag that was in the box. I looked in that box earlier but didn't see it. When I went to move it, though, it was way too heavy for a sleeping bag and sure enough, there it was, safe all along. What a relief! And what a different kind of scavenger hunt for a party. I'll bet those guests still remember that party. I haven't had a party that good in....25 years? And never will again, I'm sure. Anyway, anyone contemplating getting a snake would do well to research it first. I was so stupid I didn't know it would get anywhere near that large, and it continued growing after that, but at a much much slower rate.

I was a poor student going thru nursing school on the GI Bill and for snake food I would get a male and several female rats and grow out about 50-60 rats. For rat storage I'd pick up one by the tail and when it lifted it's head I'd whack it with a club, stick it in a baggie and put it in the freezer. When I'd feed one I'd take it out, pop it in the microwave, and drop it in the cage. At first I would hold it by the tail and shake it a bit to get the snake's attention but eventually I could just drop it in the cage. I didn't have any rats sometimes so I checked out the pet section of the paper. Kittens to give away to good home. I told them I would take the whole litter. Mom too, if they wanted. What a racket those mama cats would make. Short, but loud. I didn't feed mama cats after a while after I thought one of them was going to hurt my snake by biting. I guess the snake wasn't used to it's food fighting back. Eventually, after years and years, the snake died, I don't know if it was old age or what. I was a bit relieved when it did, though. It's kind of hard finding a home for a snake that size.

Sorry for the length.

11. Great story hahaha I enjoyed it alot. I always see adds on Craigslist that say "pet only" and it reminded me of your story. Great to know that there is people that appreciate snakes as much as I do

12. i have a bunch of disorders ADHD,OCD,VOCAL TICK,APERGERS,DEPRESSION,BI POLAR,ANXIETY,
    I am not able to think before i act on my actions........i have a snake a praire king snake i feed it mice..
    anyway i am 19 my name is ryan email me at qtipracer@yahoo.com if you have any questions or what not

13. Are you really 19, Ryan? It sounds like you are going to have a hard life. I feel for you and wish you well. As soon as possible give some thought to ditching the psychiatrists and make a friend. All those capital letter words in your post are just words people have made up to categorize you. You don't have to stay in the same categories you have been put in but it will take a lot of effort on your part. Don't be afraid to make changes because what do you have to lose?

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYumJ2ruv0E]Funny Road Trip movie clip - YouTube[/ame]

^^ OP :p

15. That was funny. That's not how these snakes strike, though. In reality they just use their jaws and hooked teeth like velcro to latch onto their prey, they don't try and get their mouth around it. As soon as they hit they start putting coils around the unfortunate meal. After they suffocate it then they start getting their mouth around it. To those who don't know, that was a baby Burmese Python. I once fed a young goat with a broken leg to mine. How big are yours, Space?

16. Mine are 9ft, 4ft, and 7ft.

17. So... maybe blame the ganja for this one.

I saw the title of the thread and the most recent poster and the two melded into one, and I read the thread as "Feeding snakes IN SPACE." Lemme just say, I'm a little bit disappointed.

Also, feeding snakes in space would make for a way better thread.

18. I have a few snakes, two corns and a cali king. I want more, especially some pythons, but that's not in the cards til I'm done school.
    I've never smoked around my snakes, but they are in our spare bedroom/grow room.

19. Ball python here. Feed nothin but live. They don't scavenge in the wild!

20. A snake in the grow room just seems right to me. Like good a snake in the grow room looks good in my head, as a grow in the snake room looks good. I hope you get my thought, I sure as hell can't get it across with words right now.:smoking: I can see how feeding a snake in space would work, too. I'll try and get pics next time.