Feeding question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HeyThatTickles, Mar 8, 2018.

1. I've got 5 young Northern Lights fem beauties growing from seed under 1KW MH in soil, using FF Ocean. They look great - luscious, dark green, super bushy. Branching is fantastic - literally every stem and branch node is exploding with growth. They've been topped for clones and the lower growth is completely taking off. Plants are about 8" tall, in 6" pots. Temps mid-70s. Don't have a hygrometer so not sure of humidity, but the leaves are not curled.

I've grown in other FF before but not Ocean. It seems like super rich soil. I'm not giving nutrients at the moment and the plants are doing great. Should I start slowly introducing nutrients now or wait until they give me some kind of sign? Watering cycle now every other 2nd day (letting the pots get light before I water).

2. How old are they? Do you know the date they came out of the soil? I've never personally used FFOF but I have read that it is a pretty hot mix. Alot of people are able to get thru their entire vegatative stage without feeding once in Fox Farms Ocean Forest.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. There’s enough nutrience in soil for 30-60 days depending on the size of the plant and pot depends on when to start feeding them. just keep a close eye on the plants for deficiencies to start feeding.

4. I use it all the time. I give them big bloom after a week and start giving them grow big after week 2. I guess I have been real lucky according to most guys in here. Lol. I would half dose with the grow big though. After listening to everyone I have been adding perlite and decided to use half happy frog half ffof. But if i never listened I would still be using ffof

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

5. You can do almost an entire grow with no nutrients if using ffof. Like somebody else said, though, depends on the size of the pot. Be careful with nutrients. Too much and you fuck up your grow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for all your thoughts. The plants look great and I'm not going to upset the apple cart with nutrients until they give me a sign of some deficiency. I am nursing these plants back to health for a friend who was an inexperienced grower and had almost killed them. In reality I'll probably wind up keeping them because he doesn't really have the space to grow even stubby indicas like NL.