feeding plain water in coco

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tommyT2018, Mar 5, 2019.

1. can i feed plain ph water in coco ? my pots are dying up during the dark period is it possible to feed say 1 - 2 litres of plain water to keep them hydrated or do i need to use feed. i just dont want to have to flood the medium and get run off just for the sake of a few hours

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

2. Them don’t feed to runoff. Just give them enough to last to the next feeding. I’ve been doing it that way for months. As long as you flush well at the end you’ll be fine. I wouldn’t give your girls water without nutes.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 1
  3. or separate cal mag and give that to them then alternate with feed. I would not give coco plain water even if ph'd unless drastic flush needed. Plants can live on nothing but cal mag for a few days in coco with no noticable affect, so it would also be fine for maintainence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. thanks matey ill rememeber that one! tis a shame i just ran out

5. thanks mate! i guess theres no harm i judt thought maybe the medium would become concentrated for awhile without run offs

6. Always feed to substantial run off and never give plain water.

• Like Like x 1
  7. i cant see why water is a problem mick not trying be a know it all dont get me wrong.. its just something ive thought about wile smoking a jay lol. but yeah surely if the medium has 1.3ec which is completely covering the whole medium of you then add water with no ec its just going to rinse the top layer down abit and if anything dilute the total ec of the medium when its saturates it?? idk ahah i need a scientist!

8. Coco doesn't hold nutes like soil - running plain water will possibly mess up the cation exchange capacity resulting in deficiencies.
    If you need a scientist, then read how to grow in coco on this site www.cocoforcannabis.com. The author has a Phd and he can explain why not to use plain water better than me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. thanks mick!! ill look into it! top lad

10. Interesting science, but I politely disagree and maybe I can learn something here. Not disputing the science, just the extent of it.

I ran out of compost, so I have house plants in just coco. I feed one day, then just water the next.

Now here's where I think the difference is going to be, none are under heavy vegetative growth right now. I have them at a slower go to save space until spring.

Anyhow, I haven't come across any deficiencies yet, only been a few weeks and first time in straight coco, but they seem to be just fine.

Perhaps since we usually push plants to the max in vegetative for obvious reasons, perhaps it's just that I'm not pushing these and that's why?

I also water to runoff with feed, just soak with plain water, very little runoff.

11. Thanks for the info Mick. I'm going to be doing some experiments with processed coco. (That is coco that has been processed by my African Nightcrawlers.) But it may get distilled water only.(plus secret ingredients I haven't discovered yet.)