Feeding our plants birthcontrol...wtf?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RooRgle, Nov 4, 2011.

1. So I came across this grow guide, I'm currently growing a Blue Mystic plant by Nirvana seeds and this guide is all about how to grow Blue Mystic. So I read this pretty helpful guide and get to the end...where it says 'Birth Control Pills', I thought it was a joke, but they actually suggest dissolving 1 pill in 1 gallon of water. So I've researched growing for the last 2 years and feel like I know quite a bit of basic growing info...but birth control in our plants...I've never heard of such a thing. Has anyone else heard of this actually working? I copied the paragraph below...what does everyone think? :confused_2:

BIRTH CONTROL PILLS
    "A solution of one pill to one gallon of water has been reported to cause increased growth speed in tomato weed plants. It is possible this will help herb weed plants too. One treatment administered before flowering and one administered a few weeks before harvesting might help the weed plant mature faster.
    One grower told a story of the same type of weed plants, one administered the estrogen grew to 20 feet, while the other was 7 feet. This may be purely anecdotal, but it may work. Try it and report back to us on results."

2. hmmm thats interesting. google here i go

3. i dunno about that. i dont think cannabis can metabolise estrogen.. or any other plant either ? lol

google lead me to this
    Phytoestrogens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    but that just talks about plants that contain estrogen like compounds.

does anyone actually know what the flowering hormone is ?
    i couldnt find it on google.. it would make more sense that if you admistered that to the plant it would increase the rate of flowering

4. yo i got some seeds soaking in a mixture but more like 6ml of water it should make plants more likely to be female .. will keep you posted

5. Ummmm I hope you aren't taking those pills if your girl needs them....

6. Haha, no she'll hook me up with her pills if I wanted them I guess...I mean I would only do this to one of my 5 plants, def not every plant. So I would use 2 pills max. However, I'm still not so sure this is something I want to try, I don't have space for a 3ft plant let alone a 7 or 20ft plant if this actually worked.

7. Dude, don't fuck with birth control unless you have an expired set kicking around... They are supposed to take all of them for a reason

8. Actually we have a few, my girl got off birth control for awhile since she was having a bad reaction, turned out it was a thyroid issue...so she has like 2 full packs ready to go. One of which I have free reign..if I so choose!

9. Nice nice, just making sure ha

10. I hear ya man, don't want any little versions of me running around, fuck that shit. I think we had sex twice during that situation...stuck with the bjs..haha.

11. I'm following. Can't wait to see if it works. My girl is on birth control too, so I have access to pills if I need them. Hope it works out for you if you try it.

12. I heard it works
    But they told me the crush the whole package and mix it with the ground they good some big juicy buds
    But idk.. If it fcks with the chemicals in the plant or what

13. uhh i dunno this sounds like a load of bullshit to me.. im just saying..

14. Which pill, what part of the cycle? not much info here.

15. My friends told me they mix it with the soil and from seeds

No watering need it no extra nutrients just the native ground and the BC

16. "yeah bro i just put my weed on birth control, its so much better now"

i wonder if it would stop it from getting seeded lol

17. LOL They had HUGE MONSTER BUDS THO
    Idk how the fck they did it using BC

18. Yea, just wondering which part of the menstrual cycle pills they are using.
    Some of them are placebos, there is a reason those pills all have different colours and must be drunk in a specific order.

19. Im talking about the whole month