Feeding my plants milk!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Ggrown, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Yes it works. I do it every year.

2. Glad it works for you guys but I save 10s of thousands of dollars by doing my own grow, so I have no problem spending the 2000 or so it cost for my nutes. This is not exact numbers just so we are all aware. Lol

3. All these people saying it don’t work and are trying to put you down are clueless. I wouldn’t use it an entire grow but it’s definitely great for preventing problems. I use it about twice a month during flower (2cups per gallon + 1tbs epsom salt) and grow great plants.

PS: let the haters hate, they can’t even tell you what they are testing with their “ppm” meter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Milk actually can be used as a calcium and sugar intake for the plants. Keep pouring on your deadly chemicals and ignore the science newbie hahaha

5. Hi guys
    I have used milk before when growing outdoor when I had a calcium deficiency. And no money for cal mag. I just poured a cup around the base of the plant and it worked great. Don't think I would use it in hydro though. I only thought about it cause my friends had a dairy and I say that milk had run everywhere an the plants around the dairy were really healthy. I think it must also be good for good bacteria in your soil.
    Saying that I have only done it maybe 3 times and I'm not an expert.

6. Hey, what kind of Milk you using ?
    Have it been pasteurized and homogenizated? Is it cow Milk?

7. Was just pasteurised cows milk

8. Is it lactose free

9. Just milk that tastes like real milk

10. This is a very intriguing topic.. I don’t know if myself would try cause I never tried to use milk in a grow before.. but you never know. Milk has Calcium and Sugar, I mean.. what harm can come out of it… I don’t see it ruining a plant..
    Good luck, submit pictures!!

11. So last night I gave my LA Confidential, in 13 gallons of soil, a pint of milk, 1 tbsp molasses, 1 tbsp barley extract, 1 tsp dry seaweed 0-0-17, 1 tsp fulvic acid, 2 tsp ascorbic acid in a gallon of water. I AM ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED MILK WORKS!!! Ive only got a few grows under my belt but I've never had bud growth like this. The increase in bud size is perceptible over the course of hours! I could see a difference in the 5 hours I went to work!!! It's only been 28 hours or so... I can't wait to see what she looks like in the morning. Her leaves are reaching for the sky like her roots or the ground is electrified. Unbelievable

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Milk is water, fat, proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
    Soil microbs will eat and break down anything the plant can use. If it works keep doing it.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. No way. I know what bad milk smells like.

14. #34 THC God, Jun 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022

Have you grown the same strain before without Milk? If you ask me, everything else you fed that Day, is responsible for the jump in growth...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. I wonder how the fat in the milk will influence the growth.......
    I really have a hard time to feed Fat to my girls.
    and then also, why not just feeding Compost tea? That is for absolute sure and million times proven, to work.

16. Funny to read the comments on this.
    Back from the grave huh..
    I've heard of spoiled milk or instant milk as a treatment for PM, I don't do it.
    And don't wish to try.
    There are other things which work.
    Why use milk, a food made for mammals- like exclusively, on a plant..an entity with cell walls and completely different set of genes and desires...
    I will never know..
    to many other better options.

17. Of course milk works! It's terrific!
    Just not any old kind of milk, though. That's worse than useless.
    No, what you need is Powdered Peruvian Llama milk. The real deal.
    It's not easy to come by, but fortunately, I have secured almost all the remaining supplies. It's on sale at my online outlet, perullamaweedmilk.com
    - and if you mention GC you get a 10% discount.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. making LAB in the fermenting process is done with milk , that milk then turns to chesse,great for the compost pile or even you ,if you care to take the challenge, but this i know for fact in using the LAB fermented from the milk rice wash it does wonders for your soil, but used sparingly like once ever 2 weeks, if you are after the calcium better use would be fried egg shells you want phosphrus use charred egg shells.
    seperate both the charred and the fried brown shells and put into a container you can see threw , cover the shells with vinegar, every day walk by the jar and thump it,if you see bubbles wait, when you have no more bubbles then you have home made calcium and phosphrus, it really is that simple, but pouring milk into my soil HELL TO THE NAH, you are opening yourself up to all kinds of issues,mainly bad nemetodes just to mention one, then the smell of anerobic soil ,
    you would do much better fermenting the milk and such than pouring milk in your soil,even in a compost pile the worms break it down to be usable threw there castings is better than pouring it in your soil.
    ive noticed last few days on you tube all the master gardners pouring milk in the soil and been waiting on a thread to pop up and seems i nailed it hahah, if you watch enough of them video you will find the next best thing they recomend is something they are trying first time them self .
    but your choice just dont get mad when every baby of every species on earth come to milk your plants,you do know at certain age mama kicks them from the tit dont you know haahah.
    just to make you feel better i have used milk to rub my hanging plants before ,brings a real good shine and bugs dont like shine

• Like Like x 2