Feeding during Flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zq8s10, Jun 29, 2009.

1. So Im pretty new to the flowering stage, and not sure what all to do for the best results, I'm not exactly a beginner, so advanced methods can be used, but anyways, I was just wondering, I'm in flowering now, and Ive got some pretty girls, but what all should I be feeding them now? I'm giving them some alaska morbloom 0-10-10, its an organic liquid fertilizer, smells like fish emulsion, and they are in some good mixed soil with manure and compost, but my question is should I be feeding them more somehow? Like the russian comfrey as well? or do I just feed them with this and only this untill they are done , or the last few weeks with molasses? Is there another fertilizer I could switch to after so long, or what? where do I purchase biocanna? thanx for any help.

2. follow the nute companies schedule, fox farm and at least 1 other nute provifder have schedules on the internet. you can look at them and get an idea. i use fox farm, never had problems, i have soil.

3. You don't technically *have* to stop feeding your plants, but it'll give your plants a chemmy taste, and may lose potency (?). You could feed it molasses until you harvest, but everything I've read suggests a complete flushing of the plant, this will produce a smoother, tastier smoke, with more of the flavor of the bud coming through.

4. Exactly, everything you have READ. One year I did an experiment, I 'flushed' part of my grow, kept giving the rest nutes. Difference in taste? None whatever. IMHO flushing is an old wives' tale that is just read by noobs and blindly repeated.

5. What sort of nutes were you feeding them?

6. Yeah, I've had problems with trying these ole tales you talk about, now I'm just doing it basically with your guidelines the whole way thru..So far everything is looking great, just wanting to make sure it don't get use to the same ole nutes, or be lacking others from just the same fert, maybe some bone meal scratched in the soil would be good?

7. I do not agree - flushing and then not watering the last 3 days while raising your lights at least 8 inches increases
    tricome production. I likey! :D

I also use salicylic acid, Jasmonic acid and Gibberellic acid to increase my crystal production.

I also prune the larger fan leafs at a rate of 2 per plant per day the last 4 weeks also. This tricks the plant into believing it is under pest invasion thus increasing tricome and resin production. Clean out the bottom 6 inches in a small plant and the bottom foot in a large one. I also pinch off the little popcorn buds on the bottom so all of the energy will go to the main cola and other larger buds.

It is all a matter of hormones. :D

Peace.

puff

don't really like to disagree normally but i will on this occasion. don't feed it to my tomato plants but they are doing fine anyways without your help tuvm. :devious:

8. How do I raise the sun ??? IMHO the light you use, the glorious sun or shitty bulbs, is the MOST SIGNIFICANT factor in determining amount of yield AND quality of that yield. As long as I have that lovely, hot, powerful sun above my plants, whether I flush or not, or do anything that indoor lamplovers like, is of no significance whatever.

9. Agreed. I experimented with my last grow -- flushing one plant out of the 5 that I had. The results after harvesting, drying, and curing were -- the unflushed plant tasted no different than the other 4 which I had flushed. Makes me crazy each and every time I see "MUST FLUSH BEFORE HARVEST FOR 1-2 WEEKS." It is BS, and no one can tell me different. Glad to see I am not the only one who knows this.

Peace

• Like Like x 1
  10. If you have comfrey USE IT. Either in a botanical tea drench or a foiler feed.
    Every time I water I use a plant material of some kind usually, comfrey, alfalfa, kelp, dandilion root or nettles. Bubble a half a cup of anyone of those for at least 2 days in a 5 gallon bucket of water and feed your plants the benificial minerals and elements extracted.
    Soak alfalfa for a week and then spray veggies and they will almost grow before you're eyes alfalfa is full of auxins (plant growth regulaters).
    If your not using chemicals you can use unsulpherd black strap molasses to feed the microbial soil life from veg through flower. Plants do not absorb molasses, molasses does not make flowers sweeter.

As of now it looks like your growing organic. Just soil and the Alaska fish?

I suggest you read some stickies in the organics section. There you will learn all the benifits of comfrey along with many other plant materials.

Good luck, BeZ...V

BTW once you've force fed your plants chemical "nutrients" you can't flush them out, however you can smoke them.