Feeding Coco Every Day?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by MisterWinter, Oct 9, 2014.

1. What a dumbass. I'm never going back to soil since switching. You ever see this one week after transplant in soil?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1

2. To anyone new to growing in COCO, NEVER DO THIS. You water every day after about a week. Feed two days regular pH water the next and then nothing the fourth day. Works great for me.

Again, DO NOT WAIT FOR THE POT TO GET DRY. It fucked me up and I lost two weeks of grow time. Top of the list of the worst advice I received while growing in coco.

3. Like what MostlyReputable said, don't let your coco dry out. Letting it get slightly moist is one thing, drying out your EC skyrockets and will hurt your crop.

I water every day in flower after the second week, and every two to three days typically in veg depending on size. Transplants and smaller plants in bigger pots typically can go 5-7 days being moist and promotes root growth rather than even watering every other day. Once the first week is up after transplant I'll go every 3 days until pot fills up roots and then drop to every other day, unless certain strains tell me otherwise.

I ran soil my first two grows, talk about terrible. Would put many coco grows I know up against anyone claiming soil is better. Nearly 100% control over anything is a winning situation but at the same time can ruin a grow. Leave out an essential part and you're up the creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2