Feeding And Watering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by first_time_high, May 7, 2014.

1. I have a couple healthy ladies that have not been given nutrients but I want bigger and better. I've got 5 sprouts so in a couple weeks I'm going to start half strength fox farm nutrients, (big bloom, tiger bloom, grow big). I only need to water my current plants maybe 2 times a week. If I have a gallon of the nutrient mix for 5 plants how much do I feed each plant?

This is the only part of feeding that I'm confused with and appreciate your help in advance.

2. Follow the feeding schedule they give you. Start off quarter strength, then adjust it to be a bit stronger each time u mix up nutrients. Try not to go to crazy with it or else you will burn your plants.

3. #3 first_time_high, May 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014
    Agreed.

Their instructions say to add so many teaspoons per gallon for feeding of each solution per week. Does each plant get a gallon then? I'm only watering each current plant at most a half gallon each watering.

4. Nah, if you have 5 plants that get a half gallon each, you'll need 3 gal of nutrient solution.

What to do with the extra half gal... big bloom is a compost tea and will turn anaerobic (bad) after a short period, you can tell when it's bad by the smell. I pour the extra from my compost teas into my houseplants and veggie garden, good for all plants and won't burn anything.

Grow and Tiger are your nutrients and will last longer, but if it starts to smell funky throw it out. If you've got tomatoes growing outside or something they have similar nutrient requirements and shouldn't get burned if you pour the extra into them. You could also dilute it by adding another half gal and feed it to your houseplants or something. LOL, sorry for rambling, I've got a septic system so I try to avoid pouring a lot of chemicals down my drains.

5. Not sure, I appreciate your very helpful reply.

I guess the final puzzle piece here is the watering/feeding schedule.

Let's say that I've been feeding my current plants all along. If I've been watering a half gallon each twice a week where would the feeding have come in? Am I to water as I normally have twice a week AS WELL AS feeding them a half gallon of feed one a week or is the feed now going to replace my watering 2x a week?

Again, thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

6. I feed 2 -4 times in a plants whole life, early veg (<4 weeks old)  at 5-6 weeks then when I flip to 12/12 I feed them bloom and once more after 4 weeks in bloom.

Of coarse the hydro plants get fed all the time.

People use way to much fertilizer and more is not always better.