Feedback would be appreciated!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SirBarnz, Oct 25, 2011.

1. I've been growing two lots of fem blue mystic and I'm looking for your feedback on how they're doing so far. They are 3 weeks and 2 days old from seed and seem to want to stay thick and busy rather than get any taller. I did plan on switching to 12/12 this Sunday (4 weeks old) but would that be too soon for a decent yeild?

The top few leaves seem to be tacoing which I think is due to heat. The last week or so its been mid 80's in there.

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. Very lovely! What kind of soil are you using? Those are such a pretty green. If they're only 3 weeks old, I'd let them veg another couple of weeks unless you're limited by space issues like I am. Switching too soon can have a negative impact on your yield.

3. Im using canna coco for this one and its pretty good stuff, very forgiving! They've been on 24/0 since the germination but im going to start 18/6 as of tomorrow to get a little height out of them I think. They're only touching 6" so far.

Height shouldnt be an issue as im using a 5.5ft ish tent...
    My only regret is not using square narrow/deep pots rather than these as I would have put a few more girls in there!

So far so good I guess :smoke:

4. I see the cocoa now that I've clicked on, and enlarged your pics. (Boy, my eyesight is getting baaaad.)
    Yes, switch to 18/6, and watch them flourish for the next two weeks or so. After my first stransplant, I switched the lights to 18/6, and the plant doubled in size in a matter of just a couple of days. :smoke:

5. Hi SirBarnz,
    The plants look great, so whatever your doing keep it up.
    As far as height being an issue on my first grow which just happens to be mt last one (I'm a total newb) with an eight foot ceiling figuring in pot height, lights on a mover I still had five feet of clearance which I thought would be plenty. After veging clones for 30 days I flipped to 12/12 when they were 12 inches high. With no training they grew to over 48 inches & I ran out of room 2 weeks before I chopped 'em, I had several sleepless nights due to that.
    My suggestion is to train those puppies.
    That's my two-bits from a newb. Have fun.
    Cheers,
    bruce

6. #6 SirBarnz, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback both!
    That must have been a monster sativa Bruce!

With BlueMystic primarily being a Indica I expected it to stay small and bushy but not this much :rolleyes:

The timer is now set for 18/6 so ill see how they behave for a week or two! I wont let them get too big and may well end up topping them if they get sneaky.
    I'll keep in mind I need to keep enough space for them to at least double in height during flower, would definitely be a shame for them to outgrow the tent.
    Once i've got this first grow under my belt ill probably give a scrog a go or at least get creative with some lst :smoke:

Will update every so often if you're interested in the grow?

7. Please do, always interested in what others are doing.
    Cheers

8. If you are going to switch to a flowering light cycle in two weeks the time to top or fim is NOW, so there will be time for new tops and branches to get established, providing many more growth tips.

I've seen pure indica stay short and bushy for the first few weeks but then get some height, especially after the switch to flower. figure on height doubling or tripling after that.

9. #9 SirBarnz, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2011
    I topped them both yesterday evening as advised.
    One is now growing taller than the other and I think the smaller of the two may have a deficiency perhaps?
    The center of the leaves are a lighter colour than the rest and they seems to be tacoing to me? What do you think? (pic 3) The purple hue is due to the crappy token led light. :p

They've been treated exactly the same in terms of medium, water & nutes.

Attached Files:

10. I grow is soil, you may want to ask in the hydro section, but those look fine to me.

11. This isn't a hydro grow. I'm using a mix of canna coco, perlite and clay pebbles on top and bottom of the pots to keep moisture.
    Im currently watering them both 500ml everyday which seems to be keeping them happy but not saturated. Canna coco nutes are included every other water.
    Temps stay in the low 80s and humidity around 50%.

Is there anything wrong with that setup?

12. :)
    looks good so far.. im subbed