feedback for contest....plz...im a newb with digi

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by skittlette, Aug 29, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

any feedback will be great...waffle says he loves it as is, and so does dev, but im interested in other ppls answers as wel

thanks!!

:p

2. i dunno what you could change. maybe put a strong black border around it ( CHOKE AT MAX if using photoshop)

whats the contest for?

3. go to the general forum..look at the top..theres a sticky of it...

4. i think its absolutely wonderful!:)

5. yush waffles...i mentioned that..but since im such a newb at it..im still realyl "are you sure its good?" cuz i realyl dont kno..ive always been super skeptical about my own work for me tho..when drawing out tats and what not ill go by what the person wants, and whats good for them is good for me, if i dont like it...its not for me..so w.e.

6. hmm. well I'm not too keen on swirl images to begin with but I'll try not to hold that against you ;)

I think the best thing you could do for this piece is to mess with the contrast a little more. The tones are all rather flat and if you could make some of the circles pop out more than others it'd make it more interesting. Perhaps also you can shift the green to blue or yellow very subtly in spots. Not much at all, no more than 5% either way. Both the contrast and color shift should be done in specific places and not as edit that affects the entire piece.

Also I'd mess with the smoke/noise that you have on the left hand side. Its a straight filter right now? well if you were careful and could emulate the soft edges and transparency, I'd tell you to use the brush and make it a little more irregular. Also carry it over to the right hand side (where its black now) but much darker and with less contrast than the original.