Feed or Flush, Harvest ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by labotimy, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Hello again GC. I asked the question in my other thread but noone answered with specifics. I am coming up on the end of my first grow and i was curious as to whether i should feed again or start flushing for 2 weeks? Today is plain water day with a tbsp of molasses, so if i was going to feed again it would be in around 4 days. Around 40-50% of the pistils have turned red/brown and on some lower buds i notice an amber trich every now and then with my loupe, only around 2% amber the rest are mostly cloudy with some clear.

Let me know what you guys think, im leaning towards another feeding the baby doesnt look like its there all the way yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I'd feed. It sure in hell isn't ready to harvest.

3. dude, give it 3 weeks and i promise you will thank me.
    I know how desperate you are to harvest :) Iv been there, and when i did i was kicking myself about it. Wait until the white hairs change colour and compact in abit.

4. its no where near ready to harvest but it's over fertilised anyway so if I were you I would cut out the nutes now anyway and then in about 3 weeks when theyre ready they will have been leeched of much of the nutes

5. I didnt over fert it, the plant reacted badly im guessing to the nitro in the FFoF mix. Out of 4 plants i grew in FFOF only this one had dark leaves and eagle claws, and it had them throughout veg even after i gave it a heavy flush 2 weeks in to veg. For bloom i have been giving it a strict regime of 2 tsp's of grandmas molasses p/gal of water every watering including feeding, and 2 tsp's of GH Florabloom every other watering. So far the molasses and nutes havent done anything to the plant visibly.

if the 3 week estimate you all gave me is correct, 1 more feeding in 3-4 days then 2 weeks of flush :hello:.

6. one more round of ferts then I'd start flushing. Your around the same spot as myself. What strain is that Anyways? Is it an auto? Looks like a very small yeilding plant but nice

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'd agree with one more feeding at least, maybe two depending on how often you're needing to water.

It doesn't look over-fertilized to me. From my experience, the last couple weeks of the grow are when a good deal of the final bud weight will be packed on. If amber trichomes are few and far between, it definitely could go for another couple of weeks.

Looks great so far!

-Bud

8. when i say its over fertilised i dont necessarily mean you added too much "extra" nutrients/fertiliser, i just mean it is receiving too much, be that directly from your nute solution or from the soil i dont know, but its defo over fertilised. some plants require less nutes than others. its just my opinion of course but i would flush that like crazy and just use plain water right up until its harvested