Feds telling dispensaries in CA to shut down?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Jimmuhcat, Oct 7, 2011.

1. I'm terribly sorry if there's already a thread on this, but I've looked and as far as I can tell there is not. Mods feel free to delete this if it is a repeat.

Feds Set To Crack Down On California Pot Dispensaries | Fox News

Anyway, I'm a patient under 215 in California, and have learned today the federal government is sticking their noses in state law and ordering for the dispensaries across the state to shut down. The article is above, and I'm pretty pissed off to be honest. I mean, my first thought was "well shit, I guess I don't have to pay for my renewal in a month then.". What do you guys think? I know most of you guys on here aren't patients, but the fact that Federal Law is interfering with State Law is wrong. This just gets to me because I have met some legit sick and DYING people at dispensaries around the bay and it truly did enrich their lives as much as they possibly could. They are the sweetest people you will ever meet and they do not deserve to live out their last few years suffering in their broken bodies.
    This sickens me, above most things that are going on right now, I mean yea the economy sucks, hell I don't even have money for food right now cos bills are so much just to live. Seriously though? Fucking over dying people who are too sick to eat with their pharmaceutical medicines and turn to a plant to cure their pains if only long enough to give them their appetite back? Taking away the tax revenue that comes from dispensaries benefiting the economy? Letting the sick and terminally ill be treated as common criminals?
    What the fuck America?!

2. ah shit..
    well, mods go ahead and delete it, I have no idea how to now that there's a reply o.o
    sorry bout that again. lol.
    thanks kitty

3. What the fuck happens to all the people who make their living off working for dispensary's?

"Just find new jobs"

fucking asshole Obama WTF fuck this country i hate this shit

4. I don't think they even know what their doing this is like try 1,0000 to close us down, we got a letter SB 847 that would have ruined us but it got vetoed now this crap????? I hope they get this under control im tired of being worried about loosing my job !

I want to be prepared if we do get shut down so I have other work options I an start looking at not just be shit out of luck its bs that they keep changing their minds I would like to make a arreer out of this but how is it possible if they wont give me a straight answer as to if we will be open for the next 30 more days for not !!!!

5. Another ruined promise from obama.

I don't understand why they would want to stop something that brings them in so much revenue? they are pretty much spending money to take away money from the state.

6. shits about to hit the fan. thats why.

7. How can this guy go from this:

[​IMG]

to this:
    [​IMG]

8. Its still going to medically legal under state law, just no cannabis clubs. Back to the streets and dark alleys everybody, yay!

9. Because the largest percentage of voters are the elderly. And the elderly as a whole want to keep marijuana illegal. Barrack Obama is a pretty run of the mill politician - he wants to get reelected. So he's going to do things that will get him votes from old people. And old people want medicare, social security and illegal weed. Political move, pure and simple. But shortsighted - the country is broke. He could push to decriminalize it on a federal level, and start using it as a very taxable cash crop, then talk about how much more revenue he brought in without raising taxes on people who don't buy weed. But alas, we can dream, can't we? We'll just have to wait for a pragmatic president to come along.

10. Don't worry guys Obama's just doing this shit for re-election reasons, shit'll go back to normal after he gets re-elected. They just have to make a big show for the public.

11. Ya he's scramblin for a reelect. It sucks like 80% of Idaho is republican and 90% or more of that vote are the older generation. The 18-30 year old range needs to step the fuck up. If you aren't working to fix a problem you might as well be encouraging it.

12. Fuck the feds

13. #14 FuckBeerGetWeed, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011
    Could Obama say he's gonna legalize or decriminalize marijuana as part of his campaign to get re-elected and then not come through if he gets reelected? Or could he legalize/decriminalize it then make it illegal again

14. I'm getting so tired of all this two face stuff.

15. You have much company in this feeling of tiredness.:cool: