Feds Sentence Aaron Sandusky to 10 Years for Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'Politics' started by biroc, Jan 11, 2013.

1. How fucked! No wonder you can't smoke those 2 legal states yet I don't think there ever going to leave us alone

2. Thurgood Jenkins would be irate. 10 years just for weed?!? Damn!
    Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I feel sorry for Aaron Sandusky nobody deserves to go through that BS.

3. For a quick vid

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7PggJUIzCo]Feds Sentence Aaron Sandusky to 10 Years for Medical Marijuana - YouTube[/ame]

4. Its not fair. There's gotta be something we could all do to contact the government or some staff or branch... via the internet email or telephone or letters... that this is absolutely insane.

Just to be sure... ALL he did was own a branch of medical marijuana clinics in California? Ahh he prolly did something wrong at some point.

5. @James
    1st picture: I had to check to see if true...that is crazy!
    2nd picture: I have to admit...it's pretty fuckin hilarious!

6. Isn't there a constitutional ammendment about cruel and unusual punishment?

How is 10+ years in a dark cage with no hope of freedom a fair punishment for smoking a plant?

7. It's not even about that though, as far as I'm concerned if the government catches you doing something illegal on purpose you should understand that you will be going to jail for a length of time based on the "severity" of your infraction.

What I'm not cool about at all, is when someone operates within the confines of the law, does what is requested of them, and then end result is they get fucked over and a lengthy jail stay.

NFL player gets drunk, gets behind the wheel of a car and kills someone. Gets 30 days in jail.

Man operates a business within the regulations of the state, complies to the law, hurts nobody and gets 10 years..... what the fuck....

8. I'll avoid a small rant of my thoughts about the constitution.
    If my memory is right it's the 8th amendment. (?)

Aaron Sandusky owned/ran mmj dispensaries. As far as I'm concerned him being charged and now facing years in a cage is cruel...since he did nothing wrong.

Side note: The quote from the judge about Sandusky's "moral compass" really struck a nerve with me.

9. Marijuana dispensary operator Aaron Sandusky sentenced to 10 years - LA Daily News

wow..

i found it hard to believe that this was just for weed with no weapons, violence or tax evasion charges...

but yeah.. 10 years for weed.. in cali of all places. :eek:

10. Yeah distribute only to medical patients in California, or to anybody even from other states/countries?

11. I thought he was imprisoned because he failed to heed the bully's warning and continued to follow the catch 22 law setup to imprison law abiding citizens?

Yep, that happened.

12. Jail in general is cruel and unusual.punishment for drug offenses.

How does one justify imprissonment for smoking a plant and doing nothing all day?

"Wees kills brain cells so lets lock weed.smokers in.jail"

13. I signed the petition. This is wrong

14. I don't pretend to justify the imprisonment so don't misrepresent my argument.

What I am saying is that if you live in a land where the laws say that if you do something there will be xyz consequences and you knowingly break that law, then you have to understand that those consequences do apply to you. Regardless of whether or not you believe the law isn't just, the ramifications still apply.

Think about what it's like to live in a country like Saudia Arabia. They have extremely harsh penalties for certain things and you have to understand should you travel there that breaking these laws could get you subjected to punishment, whatever they deem that to be.

I'm not saying it's justified, I'm just saying it's the current law of the land and to an you have to follow it. Should you choose to break it, that's your decision and you're perfectly welcome to it but you have to understand the consequences.

15. I guess him and all other Sandusky supporters are saying "Well it shouldn't be punishable anymore! Yeah! WOO! PARTY!" Legalize or decriminalize! And I agree wit em' :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: