Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Feds raid CO dispensary

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by thorn, Aug 15, 2009.

1. #1 thorn, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2009
    Sounds like they saw some plants and had no choice (which, LAME lame lame lame) but to raid. They confiscated 100 plants.

FBI raids connected to $80 million scheme

2. Well, now I dunno, I read the article attached, seemed to me that the owners were some bad bad people...

3. Yeah, once again, this raid, or series of raids, was predicated on a credit card/bank scheme

So let's not get too huffy

The first clue was that the raid was done by the FBI and not the DEA

4. Yeah it kinda sucks for the club they raidied that wasn't involved.It was just next to the club they raidied and the feds "saw" the plants so they "had" to take action.

5. man you cant even believe how i was feeling when the first headline i saw was FBI raid indenver!

then they showed the cannamed building! i was freaking out

but then i learned the guys busted are totally fucked , and not for weed:hello: ha.

glad the DEA was not the one taking those plants.

as unfortunate as it is that a dispensary was hit, i truly think this is nothing like the cases in california.

as stated, the feds had a warrant on the whole building, which just so happened to house marijuana, and as we all know at the fed level that shit dont fly!

glad were not seeing smash and grab tactics here in denver like the DEA did in cali

6. oh and btw

according to the news, cannamed and the other amhsd (or whatever it was) did lose computers and records, because they are alleged "evidence" in the farud scheme.

does this mean people who got there license through one of these establishments be worried?

a friend of mine just got his from cannamed no more than two weeks ago, and now this happend!

7. Regardless of state, your medical records and patient status are protected information, there's nothing that they can do with it.

8. well i know that! lol

but do you really trust the DEA much less the govt, to honor that if they have them?

i mean all im wondering is, when california clubs were raided, didnt they take files, weed, records, computers, all that kinda stuff?

who is to to say that they are not looking at those files, even if they dont act on them?

even if they cant do anything with it, why should i believe that they wont ya know? lol

: )

9. Thanks for the link!

I just feel bad for AMSD that they got pulled into this whole mess through no fault of their own. Their business is ruined. :(

I don't know how all of this ties together (or if it does at all) but I read an interesting article in Westword a few months ago about how the MMJ scene in Colorado has some shady organized crime players involved because of all the money that's to be made (I mean, obviously, it's big money and like the wild west, perfect for not so nice characters). It's actually an interesting article, lengthy but worth it:

Denver News - Medical marijuana has become a growth industry in Colorado - page 1

10. My guess is that the FBI assumed AMSD was linked to CannaMed, went in and maybe saw some clones in plain sight..sad for those patients that need their medicine.

11. FBI / DEA /ATF / NSA /DHS Pick whatever leters of the alphabet make you comfortable but the reality is they all spell one thing FEDGOON. If you read the 4th ammendment to the bill of rights you will note that the places to be searched and the things to be siezed must be clearly delinated in the search warrant. You cannot simply get a warrant for an entire building whose occupants are involved in unrelated businesses. They claim that they SAW the plants? Unless dispenceries have begun setting up their grow rooms in storefront windows, or set the plants out in the parking lot for a little bit of fresh air, the feds excuse that they accidentally saw the plants is improbable. One news report indicated that SEEING the plants involved knocking through a wall with a sledge hammer. And do you really think that they will not open the computer files containing personal data on registered MM users??? Pleeeeeease, these jack booted thugs do as they please and it will probably please them immensely to start their own little data base from that information. I was an Obama supporter but now find it difficult to trust a president who has no control over his own buracracies (remember Obama did direct fed cops to cease and desist from raiding legal dispenceries).

JB