Federal Legalization of MMJ = Closure of All Dispensaries?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by crazyfocker, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Theory:
    If you have the classification change federally to say Class 2,

"List of Schedule II drugs (US) \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\tFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t (Redirected from List of Schedule II drugs)
    \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\tJump to:\t\t\t\t\tnavigation, \t\t\t\t\tsearch \t\t\t\t
    \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\tThis is a list of Schedule II drugs under the Controlled Substances Act for the United States.[1] Required findings for drugs to be placed in this schedule:[2]

1. The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
    2. The drug or other substance has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States or a currently accepted medical use with severe restrictions.
    3. Abuse of the drug or other substances may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence."
    wouldn't the only people allowed to dispense it be pharmacists and the actual physician?

It may be 5-10 years away from the jokers in Washington getting their act together and following the states decisions, but if this were to happen I see the dispensaries being shut down(, unless they hire a pharmacist.)

It stands to reason that most people who would benefit medically from Marijuana will also be on conventional medications. Having a pharmacy that is familiar with the interactions of certain strains with cancer/ms/etc. could be a great combination.

I am not an advocate of pharmaceuticals, but it is a growing industry. I'm coming from the perspective that grown adults should be allowed to put whatever they choose in their bodies. This also gives them a safe (and more conventional) environment for newbies and stoners alike.

Any thoughts on how this could be prevented?

I feel like they will change the classification to Sched. 2 before they would do full-blown recreational use with regulations like liquor or tobacco.
    Any thoughts? I have not read any articles on this issue and doing some quick searches only brings up uncertainty in the current role of pharmacists.
    The pharmacists say they are in a hard position, having their customers asking things like interactions b/n their cancer meds and their MMJ.
    And since MD's aren't able to prescribe anything but FDA approved drugs and Pharm's aren't allowed to dispense anything but FDA approved drugs.

Thanks for any comments!
    I am thinking that Pharmacy school might be the move for the future..;

Peace,
    CF