Federal court strikes down Illinois ban on carrying concealed weapons

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Who says I only post bad news? :p

2. I say you only post /r/libertarian news

3. This is a great day for law abiding citizens in Illinois. However, we will have to wait and see how hard obtaining your CPL will be, I hear its next to impossible to get one in state like New Jersey.

4. This is definitely great news. Illinois has the highest gun ownership in the nation, but has the worst gun laws which has proven to be useless in places like Chicago. At least now people there can be safer while walking on the streets.

5. Its about damn time! I bet it will be rediculous scrutiny to get one. "Oh, you have a parking ticket? Sorry, You dont meet our obsurd standards. You might be a terrorist with a rap sheet like that"

6. Interesting. I thought the feds wanted more gun control?

7. Lol at op's source though :laughing:
    The "Feds" are not for a gun ban…this was the court's ruling about conceal carry in Illinois.
    It will be interesting to see what comes of this, I doubt the democrats of Illinois will just let this happen. Lisa Madigan will appeal to the Supreme Court which hasn't made a ruling on conceal carry.

I don't know exactly where I stand on conceal carry, but I strongly support using a firearm to defend your home.

8. It's about time IL got CC seeing as how it's allowed everywhere else, but Chicago's a scary place for liberals. Requirements seem to be being 21, FOID, FBI BC, and a required amount of training. However my mom said when she heard this on the news they said that if IL continues to try to fight this and it has to be forced into law without them writing it, the training wouldn't be included. I can't seem find any more info on that specific part though, anyone care to shed some light?

9. lolwut

10. So outside your home your free game to any criminal that wants to mug you? Not trying to start an argument, but for someone that says they support the right to defend one self inside the home, why shouldn't it to be the same outside of it?

11. Don't get me wrong, I personally would like to have a concealed carry license to defend my self. But in legal terms 'self defense' is very broad and someone can claim self defense when it was actually murder.

12. Well there's no doubt we're why they want to ban cc.

13. "Guns for everyone, but dont smoke any weed" ~ Federal Government

btw, im all for the right to bare arms, but the federal government makes no fucking sense lol

14. You'd be surprised at how good forensics is at determining that.

Even so, it's still up to the prosecutors to prove murder.

The legal system is messed up.

15. Its funny. You only have to worry about cc laws if you didn't conceal very well

16. Never watched bones or csi?

17. [quote name='"Thomas437"']This is a great day for law abiding citizens in Illinois. However, we will have to wait and see how hard obtaining your CPL will be, I hear its next to impossible to get one in state like New Jersey.[/quote]

It will be just like here in California where only rich judges, politicians, and law enforcement are granted ccw permits. Apparently ordinary citizens are dangerous individuals not to be trusted with guns.

18. No, it doesn't work this way. A CCL isn't a license to kill, if you want to kill someone badly enough you're not gonna spend the time and money on a CCL.

If you're ever unfortunate enough to have to use your CCL, you're told to call the police immediately. They have a good nose for bullshit if you try to tell them something that isn't true.