Federal Bill Introduced to Remove MJ From Schedule 1 List

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Pumpkin Man, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Hi Folks:

Pardon the oversized font, but I just had to post this as I think this is urgent for anyone who wishes to get canibis legalized.

The federal government has introduced House Resolution 499
    If it passes, that means that Marijuana will no longer be a Schedule 1 substance, and the states would have more freedom to legalize it. It would effectively end marijuana prohibition all together. I URGE you all, to contact your congressman and push for the passage of House Resolution 449 today. We certainly have nothing to lose, but A LOT to gain.

It has allways been one of our fondest wishes to be able to enjoy weed without the fear of arrest, prison or stiff fines. Call your congressman today!

Just for the record, I am not a political activist, and don't usualy take part in discussions of religion or politics, much less start an entire thread on it, but this would be a MAJOR win for us.

The Pumpkin Man

2. *Watches as this thread is pushed onto the back burner.*
    *Notices that congress will do the same* Coincidence?

3. With that attitude how could you expect any different?

4. I'm calling my reps! I'm a fucking tax payer and I fucking vote

5. Why is no one here talking about this?

Considering this IS a marijuana site, you'd think you guys would be doing back flips and shit.

6. Wasn't aware that putting a voice to the obvious was an attitude, how about talking about what I said or is ad hominem the pinnacle of your retorting ability?

7. I'm amazed it's illegal still, apathy sure does slow things down.

8. In all honesty, I don't expect this to pass.

But I do see it as progress.

Thy always say it'll take baby steps to legalize.

Well this bill has 11 co-sponsors.

That's 11 more than it would have had 10yrs ago. Times are changing, slowly, but surely.

9. What are you talking about, he isn't arguin with you he was simply putting a voice to the obvious fact that for things to change people's way of thinking needs to change.

10. Swing and a miss... Did you just switch handles or something? Bring substance to the table. Reading is a good first step, thus you will actually know what you are talking about. Now please desist on derailing this thread.

11. Here is the odd part, on the schedule 1 list is "THC also known as delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC), is the principal psychoactive constituent (or cannabinoid) of the cannabis plant. also referred too as cannabis." However this bill refers to marijuana. Even if it passes it will hold no water as it would not be binding as written. The term marijuana is even misspelled throughout the bill. "(a) Modification of Definition of ‘Felony Drug Offense’- Section 102(44) of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802(44)) is amended by striking ‘marihuana,’."

The Feds use every loophole to ignore what they want to.

12. If you Americans can legalize it..... we'll why not Australia??

13. I don't think cannabis is illegal, I am sad that anyone would believe such tripe.

Any law that is unconstitutional is not law

14. Yup, but the people allowed it to happen and allowed them to continue. If we continue the finger pointing game instead of doing what needs to be done things will never change. When you sit there while the police abuse the power we give them to uphold justice beating, tasing, robbing and raping our liberty away.

”Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.”
    Ben Franklin

15. and will lose both.

16. Why dont you desist talking like a douche?

17. Yes! If enough people get this through their heads they won't need to pass another law!

They only have the power we give them!

18. This is just some mental masturbation, the only way to get what you want is to do something about it, talking this shit about legalizing weed while Marc Emery is still in prison, along with how many other "criminals".

Good thoughts aren't going to fix things only good deeds.

19. So what can I do in Indiana like I'm busy as hell. Can anyone point me In a good direction. Will I be targeted for writing such a letter?

Like I have a prior possession offense it's a misdemeanor. I'm a college student but not in politics as far a classes. Can anyone help me with ideas.

I'm being totally forward when I say I want to help