Federal Ban on Marijuana Lifted

Discussion in 'General' started by Vicious, Dec 18, 2014.

1. because its been posted several times on gc

Haven't seen shit, Captain. All I go to are General, Politics and Pandora's Box though.

3. First I've seen of it in this section. Mind blown the government is Finally acting rationally on this

4. Those are some of the worst boards here, though I frequent them so I'm not one to talk. 

5. I had no idea. Has it been passed by the president yet, or just by congress? Shocking, but so encouraging to hear.

I'll smoke to that :smoke:

6. #8 rain dancer, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    Cheers, ill join you!
    [​IMG]

7. #9 Vicious, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014

I can only talk about weed for so many years. I find the smoking sections rather dull with the exception of growing, cooking and extracting.

About to grab a quad for the occasion.

8. Haha this is huge fucking news. I didn't know about this! Jah bless!

9. The ban is only lifted on medical marijuana. I'm assuming that means that rec stores are still in danger of being raided by the DEA?

10. Probably, if they meant it for recreational use as well, it probably would have been included. And this does not affect state laws. So it's not like, "HELL YEAH WEED IS LEGAL IN AMERICA NOW!", unfortunately. But, if the bill is passed, it is certainly a large step in the right direction.

Curious as to why it wasn't rescheduled though....

11. It's still a step forward. It's still progress. We will win this fight for all!

12. That's the first thing I looked up after reading this thread. It is infuriating that it is still schedule 1.

13. #15 LoveisKind, Dec 18, 2014
    I know right? If the medical ban was lifted then obviously it should be rescheduled. The government is backwards man...but it is still progress in some way.

14. States can legalize for medical use, and we also have a patent on it for medical uses, but no, that shit has absolutely no medical value at all!

Hypocrisy, so much hypocrisy :p

Schedules are made by the UN.

16. #18 Informant, Dec 18, 2014

Nah.  The resolution bans the use of federal money to be used to pursue criminal prosecution or investigation of marijuana activities in states in which it is legal for medical consumption.  It's basically saying States rights on Marijuana will not be infringed upon by federal law enforcement.

Out of curiosity, did you get that from my post on it or did you find that somewhere else?  Only ask because I've never heard anyone else mention that.

17. Huh, didn't know that. Probably should have. Thanks!

I wouldn't say its common knowledge but its deductible considering the UK uses schedules as well. Kinda just figured. I've seen the title of your thread lurking so it was in recent memory.