Fed court to review Marijuana drug status, first time in 20 years

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by thehighman, Oct 9, 2012.

1. thank you!

2. Anyone else find it funny how close that is to 4/20? Maybe a hint of things to come?! Haha

3. #143 byrned420, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
    Hey who knows how it'll turn out, but its a big step in the right direction

Marijuana being schedule 1 is garbage.

4. It should rightfully be schedule 3, and nicotine easily fits schedule 1 alcohol schedule 2

5. It is still just plain astonishing that it currently still has "no medicinalvalue" in the eyes of the law. Astonishing

6. You are 100% right with everything you said. Unfortunately drug laws are exempt from common sense.

7. Why are you so excited its not like it's going to be approved and why would it. Marijuana is a drug/narcotic

8. #149 Philosiraptor, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
    Check out US patent number 66030507
    Search "Federally supplied Marijuana" (yes there is a Federal MMJ)

Those precedents alone should guarantee a rescheduling. (If they played by or cared about the rules)

9. Why should I care

10. Why are you on this site if you're going to post comments like this? Do yourself and all grasscity members a favor and leave.

11. All im saying is why should marijuana be legal if its a narcotic

12. Because legality shouldn't affect people's personal choices. The laws should only be there to protect one from others, the original purpose of government.

13. there are other narcotics that are worse for you and don't half half the benefits and can be easily obtained for pain relief

14. Because its what the people want. Last I heard 51% of the US public thinks marijuana should be completely legal. But according to your logic alcohol should also be illegal due to it being a narcotic.

15. Lol that's a convenient percentage to pull out of your ass.

16. Look it up bud. What I said was true.

17. What makes you think a narcotic is necessarily a bad thing? It's just a word....a word with highly negative connotations thanks to decades of propaganda. I highly suggest you think about that for a while, and re-examine what it is you think you know about cannabis, and narcotics in general, what you've been conditioned to think about them, and what the actual facts are...

18. Here are some numbers from a year and a half ago

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150149/record-high-americans-favor-legalizing-marijuana.aspx

Which are surely no longer reliable. My point was that 51% is a made up number, one that favors the trend that is happening throughout the country, without investing too much. It's like a hashtag. Support your claims, or else stop pulling them out of your ass.

19. Who said I didn't think alcohol should be illegal