Fed a homeless man

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by UltimateTweaker, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Saw this guy with a little cardboard sign that said "Will work for food". I drove up to him and gave him a pack of gum and 2 dollars. I told him that's all I had but i'll be back pretty soon. I drove to my house, took out a shoebox and filled it with 8 packs of ramen noodles, 3 cans of soup, a pack of crackers, and 4 cherry cokes. I drove back up to him and handed it to him. He was extremely grateful. He told me how he was so embarrassed and how this was so degrading, I told him "hey man, I know what it's like. My mother was homeless while raising a child." He said thanks and god bless and I left. It's crazy how in a nice town like mine we are starting to get homeless people.

But, it feels good.

2. faith in humanity restored

3. thank you very much op!
    Forget who you think you are and what your interests mean, theres nothing better than helping your fellow human being

4. Its sometimes hard to tell if a homeless person needs $ for food or if theyre just going to spend it on their addiction . You payed it forward op

5. I know how you feel dawg.
    I'm Mexican and live in a very much Mexican community. On my way back to school last year I picked up a sub and a Dr pepper. I decided to take a short cut and go through an alley were I met a Mexican homeless dude who just arrived from Mexico and he had no where to go.
    I'm somewhat brown skinned and i look native (Since I'm mexican) plus I have long hair (I'm a dude). He chatted saying I look como un indo (native american).

And I heard his stomach grumble, so when I was about to leave im all like (in spanish) here take my soda and my sub.
    He felt bad but I convinced him. Point is I'm happy that I fed a homeless person just trying to find his way.

6. If I see a guy with a sign that says "will work for food", and not "lost job-need money", I'll give him a shit ton of food. You bet your ass I will.

If someone's just begging for money, I won't give them shit.

7. If my girlfriend was cool with taking people in I would've let this dude stay a couple nights at my house - and sorry if I sound all goody goody. But man, I felt terrible for this guy after he started talking to me. I've always had a soft spot for lost animals and homeless people - unless they're clearly using me to get drugs

8. One time I went to a local CVS to withdrawal some money for some weed. I had to buy something so I bought a fig newton bar and as I walked out I walked by a bus stop and there was a dude sitting there, puffing a joint, who (I assumed) was homeless. I said "here man" and handed him the bar and he just kinda looked at me dumbfounded. I dunno if he was homeless or not but it felt good :)

9. Reading this just made me feel good. I can almost feel the good vibes radiating off you OP. Your a good person.

10. reminds me of when i was in Vegas not to long ago...
    this homeless man was sitting down holding a sign that said "why lie, need weed"

11. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']One time I went to a local CVS to withdrawal some money for some weed. I had to buy something so I bought a fig newton bar and as I walked out I walked by a bus stop and there was a dude sitting there, puffing a joint, who (I assumed) was homeless. I said "here man" and handed him the bar and he just kinda looked at me dumbfounded. I dunno if he was homeless or not but it felt good :)[/quote]

"why the fuck is this guy giving me fig newtons?"

12. lol I mean I wasn't gonna eat it and I figured he would want it being homeless and all. He didn't say anything he just sorta gave me a :confused: look.. haha

13. [quote name='"UltimateTweaker"']If my girlfriend was cool with taking people in I would've let this dude stay a couple nights at my house - and sorry if I sound all goody goody. But man, I felt terrible for this guy after he started talking to me. I've always had a soft spot for lost animals and homeless people - unless they're clearly using me to get drugs[/quote]

That's nice but you gotta think of the world we live in today. you really cant trust everyone that seems like a nice person and let them stay in your house.
    What if they never wanna leave? Lol

14. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']lol I mean I wasn't gonna eat it and I figured he would want it being homeless and all. He didn't say anything he just sorta gave me a :confused: look.. haha[/quote]

haha i don't even know what to say to that...

good job man. just... good job.

15. [quote name='"Big Daddy M"']

That's nice but you gotta think of the world we live in today. you really cant trust everyone that seems like a nice person and let them stay in your house.
    What if they never wanna leave? Lol[/quote]

Well, I have good persuasion skills, and if it came down to it I think I could handle myself pretty well physically. I wouldn't want too but what has to be done has to be done.

Still though, a couple nights with a free bed, free showers, and free meals would make this man's week. Not saying in going to do it, but sometimes you gotta look past the what if. There's always going to be risks involved. This guy could've pulled a gun on me when I stopped to give him food, instead he didn't and he told me his feelings and we connected. It sounds cheesy but whatever man, fuck it. I live by karma and I feel like If I did do this I most likely would only see good coming out of it. - not that I only do things if there's something in it for me.

16. Helping to bring Light back into our dark world. Respect :smoke:

17. when i was in manhattan i tried to do that. bout him bout 20$ worth of food handed it to him and he got pissed. said he just wanted money. i didn't know what to do... so i left with the food and gave it to another one. but still can you believe that guy? fucking wanting meth or coke so much he'd rather not take food

18. Holy shit dude. Same exact Thing but instead it said something like " No need to lie. Just want a beer." needless needless to say every night you can see this guy end up making bank and going to buy a 6 pack and come back or people will give them their beers and he is super friendly I chatted him up once and cracked a beer with him. Few things he told me:

A) he was a Nam' vet and he said he doesn't say that because he's not looking for sympathy he just wanted to do good for his country.

B) People mess with him sometimes and kicks his shit over in spite of him but told me life is to short to be pissed at a bunch of ignorant people take advantage of life.

Needless to say I went to in n out burger and bought him a dank ass meal and put a gram in the bag. He pulled it out and immediately I saw him start to tear up like hes never been treated like this other then people just tossing change at him and giving him some beer which he said he is very much grateful for,but he said I went above and beyond and asked why I was doing what I was doing.

I just looked at him and said you've brightened my perspective on life and will not take advantage of life any more. He literally stood up and just gave me a hand shake that literally meant a thousand things to me. One of the greatest people I've met.

19. This thread is beautiful :')

20. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']This thread is beautiful :')[/quote]

Almost as beautiful as the thread about the guy and his friend's mom.