Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Feck! new pickup and now its mouldy

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by h20490, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

I picked up some green an 10z to be exact split it between my mates a 1/3 each. I already, I ground up 1/8 of it and have been puffing away using that and some spice gold. I came to look at the rest of the weed today and its mouldy :mad: bit annoyed probably my fault as it was just kept in a baggie and now the glass jar i usually have it in but because i was smoking other stuff i didnt mind.

Can I still bake goods with it as when you make cannabutter your boiling/simmering the bud and butter so would kill any mould especially when making them.

Just want the go ahead thats all and I will put them in brownies.

Im not stupid enough to smoke it, I checked my brothers stash and all his look fine.

Bit annyoed but Im still getting a sick feeling when smoking so tend not to have a whole lot.

2. hmm, do u have pics? if the mold is light and just on the surface u would prob be ok to make cannabutter with it. im not a doctor, and i am a risk taker but i value health and i would feel comofortable eating the cannabutter if the mold is removable.

3. how long was it in the bag for.. musta been awhile..

throw up sum pics and well see.

4. Mould is more harmful in your lungs, but it still isn't a great thing to have going through your digestive system either.

5. mj won't go moldy in a bad over one day.. not even a few. it actually takes a long time for the mold to start producing. whomever you got it from either stored it poorly or possibly the are you're storing it at is not the best. mold will form faster if there is moisture in the air or in the bag.

6. Is it really worth it? I mean your considering eating some moldy ass weed.....I dont know maybe I'm in the minority here but if I seen mold on my buds I'd take the loss and throw it away and call my weedman

7. What he said. Call your dude.

8. a lot of mold is actually healthy for you or just totally harmless

but if your weed has mold on it after a day, your dude just sold you moldy weed or it isnt mold

9. dont listen to these people. if you make cannabutter or isohash it will ONLY extract the THC. no mold is alcohol solvent.. youd be fine to do so. how do you know its mold? pics?

10. spores are alcohol soluable, in fact thats part of why mold is so dangerous, spores are made to survive anything and at some point be able to grow.

avoid moldy weed.

11. If you have bubble bags you can make some Bubble Hash.

12. gotta get some psylocibin spores in with the herb

13. man that sucks...friend of mine who is new to smoking just bought a bag and left me a message saying it was really wet or something to that effect...probably going to get moldy knowing where he stashes it

anyway...i have no idea, i dont know why i thought i should contribute that :rolleyes:

14. Without pics, we can't tell you if it's bad or not.

15. Hey guys sorry for the late reply.

Will throw some pictures up in a second.

16. Here are two pictures the one with the flash you can see the mould clearly visable, then I took one without the flash but you cant really see the mould.

Its all over every nugget ive looked at in the bag.

Ive phoned him up and I waiting to see what he can do, as Its wasted now. :mad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. mould is mould and u should not eat nor smoke them. if you do ur retarted :confused:

18. I can't see the mold..

19. Look at the first picture , all the white dots or patches are mould, the picutres havent come out as great as I had hoped but you should still be able to see the mould clearly as every nug or bud is littlerly covered in them all the way round and even inside if you break it in half.